Speaker Repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Repairs

Some time ago I asked here about repairing a pair of high quality speakers whose foam surrounds have rotted away. I have been hunting a solution ever since and finally found a repair guy in the US who has been so helpful that I would like to recommend him should anyone ever want to repair their speakers. The process is really very easy and expensive speakers can be revived at fractional cost.

Here are the details:

Midwest Speaker Repair
    email: repair@midwestspeaker.com

Give some new life to those ailing organ, hi-fi, PA or other speakers that would otherwise end up on the dump!

Nico

PS.
    Here is their full style:

Midwest Speaker Repair
    > 1901 Oakcrest Ave Suite 1
    > Roseville, MN 55113
    > 651-645-7385
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Fixed 'em good! Check out the pics before and after. Sounds as good as new and will probably outlast me by far!

Before:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171012_170716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	603812

After:

Name:	Two cones completed.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	603813

Name:	Completed speakers remounted in cabinets.jpg
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	603814

I happy!!

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Originally posted by Organfella View Post
      Fixed 'em good! Check out the pics before and after. Sounds as good as new and will probably outlast me by far!

[incorrect photo quotes removed–Michael, Moderator]

I happy!!

Nico
      how can in change the coil of a speaker?
      Last edited by myorgan; 03-04-2019, 06:44 AM. Reason: Remove defective picture quotes.

Comment

You can replace the coil quite easily. The main thing is to source the right one for the speaker you wish to repair. However, before going into all that trouble and expense you may want to see if replacing the entire driver might not be easier. These days beefy drivers are available at very low prices.

Luck

Nico

Comment

Nico, you did a very nice job on those ! It is not really a hard job to do, but kinda putzy and time intensive. It is much more economical to refoam than replace in a lot of instances, and you keep intact the original design of the whole cabinet.
          Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Comment

Thanks Larry. I trust that you can repair yours too. Only thing to make absolutely sure is to get the right size foam surrounds. There are some reliably suppliers in the US but I found mine in the Netherlands - shipping was a little cheaper.

Luck!
            Nico

Comment

Working...
            X