3D Organ Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Organ Console

So, my other passion in life besides music is actually architecture, but despite never being able to get work in that industry I've tried my hands at 3D modeling quite a bit. I have made a bunch of 3D buildings and random stuff, but I thought I'd try my hand at an organ console! Obviously, it's not done, but this is what I've come up with so far. Three manuals and 45 stops! The next step is either to actually model the pedals or changing the material to look like wood. The program I use is called "Blender".
    Console:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	organ_console_1.png
Views:	1
Size:	936.4 KB
ID:	613764
    Left Jamb

Name:	organ_console_left_jamb.png
Size:	826.9 KB
ID:	613765
    Right Jamb

Name:	organ_console_right_jamb.png
Size:	736.3 KB
ID:	613766

Well done! It surely looks great.

Now how about some software to go with it?

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Changed the material to wood, added swell shoes and music rack. As for software, who knows? I haven't had the best luck with virtual organ software - Hauptwerk wouldn't start on my computer, Miditzer didn't recognize my MIDI usb keyboard, I could get J-Organ to load files, etc. The 3D program though does have a game engine, so theoretically, I should be able to rig up the model to respond to inputs from some kind of controller. Say, play a C on the keyboard and middle C on the console depresses and plays a sound file. I'm not near well versed enough in that kind of stuff to even know where to start, though!

Name:	organ_cosole_wood_1.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	603364

Comment

It definitely is classified as a "virtual" organ!

Comment

Now all you need is a full size 3d printer and you're in business!
          -Admin

Allen 965
          Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
          Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
          Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Funny you mention 3D printing - my friend's wife's former roommate's husband runs a 3D printing shop here in town. She mentioned 3D printing when I posted a picture of the 3D model of my house that I made on Facebook a while back. Anyway, today I was able to add the pedals and toe studs, and tweaked some things to be a bit more AGO compliant.

Name:	organ_console_envirtext_1.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	603370
            Fake version of my real house:

Name:	myhouse_300smpls.png
Size:	779.1 KB
ID:	603371

Comment