This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merry Christmas!

A friend and I were discussing the Christmas`s of our youth(now quite a long time ago!)</p>

"It`s all gotten all `out of hand`-just a financially tacky mess-with the religious aspect taking a very lowly place",he said.</p>

"Yes",I mused ,"the excitement and innocence has gone too!"</p>

"I blame those three fellows who turned up on camels that first Christmas-they started all this `present` giving nonsense!!?" </p>

</p>

Wombat 11
    </p>

Comment

Impromptu[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="soubasse32"]Les Angescertain that will put everyone into the Christmas spirit! [:D][/quote]</P>

Nope! Although it might make a good sound trackfor Stephen King'slatest horror flick . . .</P>
        2008: Phoenix III/44

Comment

I'm not politically correct, I don't own a Prius or buy "green whatever" but I do recycle...enough said: </P>

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!</P>

This Christmas has been special because my wife and I sang We Three Kings at a duet at church for the first time ever. We've never sang together before. Too bad it was only two verses becuse I started getting into it by the time the song ended. I also plan to get my Organmasters and some organ books with my Christmas money. </P>

Comment

A merry Christmas to everybody! And also if someone is not Christian but is reading this, happy Holidays. I hope everybody can spend time with their relatives or beloved people. Also, for those who are very busy playing for the Church, enjoy it and share happyness with those who listen to you.

Comment

Well, it's now officially Christmas Eve in my time zone, so I'll add my wishes for everyone to have a Merry Christmas at this time. I started this thread a year ago and someone resurrected it, I see.</P>

I'll have dinner at one of my cousins' house later today and then will sing at 2 of the 5 Christmas Eve services at my church; Christmas Day I'll be eating at one of the choir couples' house.</P>

This past Sunday was my 71st birthday and I played bells at 3 morning services and attended a concert by the Concert Bells of Fort Worth in our Sanctuary that evening. Last night was a concert by the Orpheus Singers, a group out of Fort Worth, again in our Sanctuary. Both concerts were fantastic!</P>

I love Christmas and all the music. I sing with 4 different groups during the season and play bells with 2, so you can imagine that I am pretty busy at this time of year. I find the music helps me a lot with feeling the true meaning of the season. Even Christmas carols have meaningful words that convey the message of Christ's birth and the promise that brings to all people. Jesus is the reason for the season! Thanks be to God!</P>

David</P>

Comment

Comment

Signing off for now ... got to get ready for the "onslaught". [:)]</P>

I won't come up for air until mid-day tomorrow - just in time to cook a feast for my friends. [:D]</P>

Every year I wonder how I'll make it through of all those church services - my music binder for tonight must weigh five pounds. [:S] I still have quite a bit of arranging, registering,and practicing to do - not to mention shopping. [:$]</P>

Happy Holidays!</P>

Comment

I dont want to hear it... We just Had FIVE services... started at 4pm and ended at 12:30am.... sigh but I love it.</P>
                    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>
                    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>
                    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

Re: Happy New Year!!

just read the title bar.

Comment

Happy New Year to you too! [&lt;:o)][D]

Comment

Comment

[/quote]</P>

This is the one day of the year where the tilde is of paramount importance.</P>

[:$]</P>

Comment

Comment

Oh, that is priceless! I suggest you try both variants with some sort of translation program [:)]

Comment

Working...
                                X