Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipe Organs gaining popularity with younger generations. (Video)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe Organs gaining popularity with younger generations. (Video)

<div><br class="webkit-block-placeholder"></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; ">San Francisco Pipe Organ Encounter (2005)</div>
    ~1936 Hammond AV - Leslie 122 & PR40~ ~1954 Wurlitzer ElectroStatic 4602 - Leslie 125~

Re: Pipe Organs gaining popularity with younger generations. (Video)

Your local chapter of the AGO will be the ones to contact to see if they are hosting a Pipe Organ Encounters in your area. I went on one for adults in Houston, TX. I only attended some concerts and the organ crawl. There is also an regular one for adults at Baylor University every summer.</p>

</p>
    Have Fun!

Jon Benignus
    WurliTzer Series 20 (circa late 1940s)

Comment

Thank you for posting that video. It is truly inspiring.</P>

I think back to my own youth, when I watched a second-hand pipe organ being installed in my church. Eventually I learned to play it, at least to the point of being able to play for church services if needed. But just as significant was hearing the Sydney Town Hall organ being played by master organists (the first I heard was Fernando Germani, in the late 1950's). I still recall that recital. Much more recently, I heard Felix Hell play the rebuilt tracker in St Andrew's Cathedral next door to the Sydney Town Hall. Many thanks to Felix for hiscontribution to the Organ Encounter shown in the video, where his youthful enthusiasm for the organ is so obvious.</P>

John Reimer (Sydney, Australia)</P>

Comment

It's great to see young adults my age so interested in the organ. I am lucky enough to have a mother who is an organist, and access to an organ in church and home. You'd be surprised at the amount of children and teens are are interested about the organ, the problem is many churches kind of turn them off with keeping everything "off limits" and never giving them an opportunity to learn more about the instrument.
        </p>

Besides the worship of God, allowing more youth to learn about the organ and keeping it as a worthy instrument for worship services is my main drive for continuing my learning. Once in a while after Mass a few kids will venture up to the choir loft to ask my mom if they can just look at the console, and I always get a kick out of how cool they think it is. There is no reason for the organ to die out of use, it will only do so if we allow it to.
        </p>

Comment

What a lovely video! Thank you for sharing it with us.[Y] I have shared it with all of my Facebook friends. </P>

Comment

Working...
          X