Apollo computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo computers

A great YouTube series on salvaged (by 2 miracles!) Apollo rope computer systems and their very careful "bringing back to life" video series. https://youtu.be/2KSahAoOLdU

Super cool. Thanks for posting that link. I still have vivid memories of watching the first moon landing live broadcast. It was the eve of my 22nd birthday and we were all glued to the 17" black and white TV set in my college apartment. Those were heady days.
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
    Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
    Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

AllenAnalog, They finally got the Apollo AGC up and running. What an interesting adventure!

Comment

Just stayed up past my bedtime to watch the last few episodes. Amazing work by some very smart and talented people. Nice that they got it working in time for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing!

Watching the roller coaster of emotions as they dealt with all of the hardware failures was good geek watching. But the video where they actually showed how the astronauts used the AGC to land the Lunar Module (using their emulator) was interesting because they interspersed the actual audio transmissions between mission control and the astronauts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSH0wxy80
      Last edited by AllenAnalog; 07-12-2019, 10:20 PM.
      Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
      Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
      Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

Working...
      X