I'm back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back!

Maybe some of you have noticed I've been off the forum for a while. A couple of weeks ago I had a computer problem and the fix put in an ad blocker. Organ Forum will not allow access when an ad blocker is working, and I did not know how to disable it for this site. I have now found out how to do that, and so I have access to the forum again. It's nice to be back

For general information, I spent a few days in the hospital and one consequence was an ablation procedure on my heart to correct atrial fibrillation and atrial fluttering. It went well and my heart rate is now steady and good.

David

Glad to have you back! I had an ablation done because of supra-ventricular tachycardia. During the procedure, it didn't seem to solve the problem, but afterwards, the tachycardia went away so we deemed it a success. In my condition, the pulse to cause the heart contractions was reflected to cause a 2nd contraction, increasing my heart rate. Not as serious as AF, but similar. Amazing what they can do with these procedures these days.

Comment

Glad to see you again, David! And I trust that the heart procedure will be beneficial to you. None of us are getting any younger, and it's a good thing that modern medicine offers us some help with the troubles we encounter on this journey.
      John
      ----------
      Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
      Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
      Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
      Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

We have been discussing changes in forum participation since the software upgrade on another thread. I've been making a mental note about who has been missing and you were on the list. Good to see you back and I'm glad your procedure went well.

What John said!
        Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
        Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
        Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

Welcome on your return, David
          -Admin

Allen 965
          Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
          Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
          Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Welcome back, David. Well put, John.

David, if you are OK with it, you could let us know before you undergo a procedure so we can offer prayers for you. Just a thought! You always add so much to this Forum!

Michael
            Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
            • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
            • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
            • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

• davidecasteel
              davidecasteel commented
              Editing a comment
              Michael, I didn't have a way to give a heads up on this. I went to the hospital for a different problem (possibly tangentially related), was admitted, and didn't have a way to contact the Group. I'll accept prayers that the procedure continues to work, though. The docs decided that the original reason for my hospital visit (weakness and dizziness) was probably just dehydration--they reduced my Lasix dosage and told me to drink more water.

David

Welcome back David! We pray for continued and eventual full recovery. Thank you for letting us know. Your contributions are valuable and we miss them when you are absent due to health or any other reason.

God bless!
            Nico
            "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Welcome back, and all the best for your health

Comment

Working...
              X