Helpful Way to Reverse Search Google Images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpful Way to Reverse Search Google Images

After seeing a recent post about the Gallery still being worked on, I decided to view it. I came across this image ( https://organforum.com/gallery/displ..._display_media ) with "I do not know where this came from" in the description.

I had always wondered, can you reverse search an image with an image? So, I googled that, duh. Yes you can! Right click the image you want to search to copy the image's address, go to google, click images, then click the camera to search by image, then paste the address into the search bar.

Luckily I found the address to the original page, but it was out dated, so I had to do a cache search and found this interesting page: http://web.archive.org/web/201501060...j/failproj.htm

So, if you ever see a picture of an organ or whatever, and want to know more, this reverse search might help.
    Allen 530A

Good info! Will try to remember this.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Very interesting.

I had a squiz at the "interesting page" and enjoyed. But man, some of those folk - or their victims - must have been tortured beyond belief! What strikes me as even more interesting is the expression on the faces of the people in those age old pictures - nary a smile or even a grin. Even the most threatening wear a kind of docile mask, something one never sees on the equivalent of pictures these days. They may have been more scared of the camera than people were of them...

Thanks for the interesting pointers.

Nico
      "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Originally posted by Organfella View Post
        I had a squiz at the "interesting page" and enjoyed. But man, some of those folk - or their victims - must have been tortured beyond belief! What strikes me as even more interesting is the expression on the faces of the people in those age old pictures - nary a smile or even a grin. Even the most threatening wear a kind of docile mask, something one never sees on the equivalent of pictures these days. They may have been more scared of the camera than people were of them...
        In the early days of photography the subject had to hold still for minutes. You can't hold a smile for that long unless you're Marcel Marceau. Photographers would usually brace the subject's head to keep it from moving. Not much fun, and the photos show it.

There's a wonderful early photo of a Paris street. The only figures you can see are a shoe shine man and his customer. In fact, the sidewalks were full of people and the street was full of vehicles, but they were all moving too fast to show up on film. The shoe shine guys were the only figures who stayed in one place long enough to form an image.

Comment

Working...
        X