Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad Playing Habits - Confession time!

I think he means scolded, not scalded And I think you knew that too.</P>

I have a 4 and 5 year old and I'm in the same boat. It's hard to find an adequate amount of practice time after work, soccer, family time, time with the wife and all that is taken care of. I oftentimes find myself learning an offertory before the service starts Sunday morning [:$]</P>

Comment

Hey that is tough. I have a 3 year old, and time is most definitely a scarce commodity. </P>

Until recently, I would practiceregularly at home on the piano, and then in the evenings do the rest on the organ. A tricky system, but it has been working well. I just finished my B.Ed in June and guess what? No teaching jobs out here at all. So on the one hand, I hope the situation changes otherwise I have some serious reflecting to do, and on the other hand, I've got all this time to practice, so I've been at it on the organ almost every day for about 2-3 hours, After that I start to get really hungry and start to lose my concentration. The most I've ever done to my recollection is 4 hours or so straight. </P>

I don't have the Southern Baptist Hymnal. Anyone know how I can get the sheet music to Wonderful Grace of Jesus? That's a lovely hymn! </P>

Comment

I understand about time. I have 2 teens and a 9 year old. Trying to juggle cross country, track, marching band, pep band and my practice is hard. One thing that helped me was the church office wanted me to pick out my music two weeks ahead of time. That way they could put the info in the chuch paperas well asthe local paper. Before this happened, I would be picking my music out on Thursday night in time to get intoSunday'sbulletin. I reserve the right to make any changes over the week if I need to. </P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Wonderful Grace of Jesus is in several hymnals. If you find any old hymn book printed in the 50's to the 70's it could be in them. If you can't find a copy, pm me and I will get a copy to you.</P>

Comment

Working...
        X