X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Hard Work and Practice are no longer required

http://cgi.ebay.com/Learn-play-Pipe-...QQcmdZViewItem</P>

"Your brain will have no choice but make you one of the most accomplished pipe organ players in the world"</P>

[]</P>

Re: Apparently Hard Work and Practice are no longer required

Depressing, isn't it. All those years spent learning and practising and all we really had to do was just buy this!</P>

Still, that's a hell of a console in the pic. Worth clicking on the link just to see it.</P>

Andy</P>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

[quote user="Grant_Youngman"]"Your brain will have no choice but make you one of the most accomplished pipe organ players in the world"[/quote]</P>

Yeah, like I can "play" the organ by putting on a CD. [^o)] </P>

Is it legal to sellthat kind of stuff?</P>

Comment

That console is the Naval Academy Organ in Annapolis, MD. I played it last year for a wedding, and it's definitely a beast.

Comment

Next they'll have one for people to learn how to FIX a pipe organ.</p>

</p>

Or maybe conduct an ensemble? Get the best of Beethoven and Schumann's mind right in your own! []</p>

Comment

Damn, I should get that...sure would make life easier, [A]. regarding the console at Annapolis, that's almost too much console, I know knobs look cool, but ther's a reason they went with tabs on Wanamaker and ACCH, and this was it, to keep the console from getting unwieldy, Just my opinion.

Comment

Also, another thought I had.</p>

</p>

Do you REALLY wanna have your mind messed with like that when you need all its pieces in the right places just to play one piece? [^o)]</p>

</p>

I don't about you guys, but I tend to need all my brainspace to play a piece. I don't want pieces of my mind going missing due to subliminal screwups.</p>

</p>

We're insane enough as it is; we don't need help, thank you very much.</p>

Comment

I don't get it. What do those photos above the console picture have to do with playing the organ? Or is there a subliminal message there too?</P>

John</P>
                John
                ----------
                *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

How about collectively chipping in and purchasing a copy of this "guide"? If seven of us donated a dollar...
                  </p>

I would be willing to donate, just to hear what they have to say on it, and then to disect their methods and techniques. Curious really to see what they (the guide) haa to say.
                  </p>

Any takers?</p>
                  1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
                  Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

Working...
                  X