X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wombat11
    replied
    aweful lot of money then. When I first got it,just about all my friends gasped-it was like owning a Rolls Royce car-people were in awe of it.</p>

It was the very last assembled in this country of the M102,so called spinet `transportables`(it weighed a ton-and definately kept you fit,moving it!
    </p>

I don`t go out gigging any longer but still have a Lowrey Heritage deluxe(valve)organ-circa 1966. When I did my first `summer season` down hear in Essex,I used the Hammond-I can see(and hear)it now. It was in pristine condition and when I `gigged it,during the winter period,it would be wrapped in blankets and safely stowed in the back of my trusty Bedford van. I would rather scrape my knuckles than put a sratch on it,whilst lifting it into the `gig`,or in transit. It went in venues all over the region-including up and down fire excapes!</p>

That`s another thing-why is the last consideration,when designing a building for entertainment,how the poor old musician will load his or her equipment in? I`ve been to some pretty horrific venues,where I`m shattered before Istarted playing-so difficult was it to load in. One place,you literally had to block a minute side passage/access off(road) to load in-there were some really heated moments as cars tried to pass but had to wait whilst I carried speakers and all manner of other equipment,along a narrow inner passage,up a steep stairs,and eventually on to the high stage-it was a nightmare!! Then,when all this was done(if you survived a `punch up` with an impatient motorist)you had to reverse up a one way street and try desperately to find somewhere to park,as the venue did not have it`s own car parking facilities! When I collected my fee,at the end of the evening,after going through the same process again in reverse,I was truly glad to get on the road and the H..l out of there!! </p>

The name `Hammond` still conjures up quality,but the impact today is nothing really like it was all those years ago(1969)</p>

I have managed to record it,together with a large Hammond C that we used to have in the church where I still play,every Sunday-I`ve been there `boy and man!!`</p>

I`m quite pleased with the results.</p>

So,enjoy Hammonds-they are something special.</p>

</p>

Wombat 11
    </p>

Leave a comment:

• g3
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NYCFarmboy
    replied
    Re: New guy on the block.....

welcome!!!! what brought you to the Hammond world?

Leave a comment:

• drums
    replied

Hey! I also recently acquired a l-112! and joined this forum!</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Leave a comment:

• NYCFarmboy
    replied

Welcome aboard Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tim Rinkerman
    started a topic New guy on the block.....

New guy on the block.....

Hi all...</P>

I've been looking around for more new Hammond organ resources and information, and I tripped over this place! I have been a Hammond fan/owner/player( in that order..) since the 70's. Had a B-3 and a pair of leslies then, sold them...who'd a knowed what they would be worth now...In the last ten years I have aquired an L-112, a C-3, and alot of leslie parts,and am about to adopt an X-77just because there is nothing like the sound of a well set up Hammond and leslie. Anyway, I've been an audio eng. for 30+ years, do all my own everything, and will be stopping back from time to time to get and share information. Great site, see you later...Tim</P>
Working...
X