No announcement yet.

Bizarre Organ Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't there an 8-manual Kawai electronic organ at some point?!

Comment

Originally posted by beel m View Post
      Wasn't there an 8-manual Kawai electronic organ at some point?!
      The Kawai T50? Sadly destroyed.

Comment

• Vebo
        Vebo commented
        Editing a comment
        It deserved it!

Yes, it was confirmed as having been destroyed some years ago. It was not being used, and taking up just too much space, I guess, with 32 speaker cabinets and a huge console.

A well-known figure in the business did offer to buy it from Kawai and he was the one that was told about the disposal of the instrument. Don't ask me who, my lips are sealed!
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Andy,

Were you involved at all in the design or building of the T50?

Michael

• beel m
        beel m commented
        Editing a comment
        "A well-known figure in the business did offer to buy it from Kawai..." I'm guessing either YOU or Hector, but, alas, your lips are sealed!

I don’t know if embedded this video right or if I did at all but this is the organ is anyone is interested .

Comment

• KC9UDX
        KC9UDX commented
        Editing a comment
        I get what you're saying. But it isn't /that/ bad. It's 1978 Japan, after all.

• nickp82
        nickp82 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love both pipe and electronic organs, but I think the analogue recreations of strings and other instruments are amazing in this T50 for the technology in 1978...

• Organplayer66
        Organplayer66 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I thought. I personally think it sounds terrible. That being said I like a tremolo wavy type sound. I have never been a Kawai fan in general piano or organ.
    Working...
    X