Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite performances on YouTube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your favorite performances on YouTube?

I love watching great performances on YouTube. There are so many that are great. Currently these are my favorite, but I'd love to watch yours and see if they bump to my top list!

and just cuz it's so darn fun:

my favorites change a lot. Show me something I need to see!
    Allen ADC 3500
    Hammond L100

Haha, I have over 200 in my favorites list, so hard to single any out. My personal tastes are all over the place, but lately I at least have to start my day with these:

Last edited by Admin; 10-21-2019, 08:02 AM. Reason: embedded videos
    Tom in Tulsa

Fooling with: 1969 E100, 1955 M3, 1963 M100, Leslie 720

Comment

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment

• Vebo
      Vebo commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, Easy to Wed wins the most campy, highly entertaining, grin on my face award for today! But Tiger Rag wins the “Hands all over the place award!”
      Last edited by Vebo; 10-21-2019, 10:35 PM. Reason: Wasn’t done yet!

• tpappano
      tpappano commented
      Editing a comment
      I just find this sort of thing jaw-dropping. For me it is a struggle to get my left hand to do *anything* at the same time as my right hand, no matter how simple 8)

Last edited by Admin; 10-21-2019, 08:07 AM. Reason: embedded video

Comment

Thanks Admin, now I'll have a new skill!
    Tom in Tulsa

Comment

Brian Auger "Truth". Live at the Baked Potato!

Comment

• Grez A-100
        Grez A-100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Brian Auger = incredibly under-rated! This guy is a legend.

• Leisesturm
        Leisesturm commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe, but the strawberry blonde out front has pretty good pipes and moves a whole lot better than he can from behind an organ console. No contest.

• Christine1953
        Christine1953 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe, but the strawberry blonde out front has pretty good pipes and moves a whole lot better than he can from behind an organ console. No contest.
        That would be daughter Savannah, and on drums, son Karma. BTW, the whole album is really good!

I love pipe organ music - played by the likes of Diane Bish and others. My most favorite piece is the Canon in D by Pachelbel. Some can really play it well but some tend to be in a little bit of a hurry with a piece of music probably intended to be played slowly and with feeling. I have about 20 different played versions including harp, xilophone and even a marimba version. But the pipe organ really does justice to this majestic piece!
      Nico
      "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

• geoffbrown
        geoffbrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree Canon in D is my favorite piece of classical music and can be played by less experienced musicians

Taylor Harvey's channel is a guilty pleasure. There are so few Rodgers organ videos out there. Then he comes along playing this big 960 that is heavily modified with two MIDI systems. If go big, or go home works in the organ world, this guy has it figured out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUj...2YYenkeuW_MjwQ
      Until The Next Dimension,
      Admiral Coluch.

-1929 Wangerin Pipe Organ Historian
      -Owner 1982 Rogers Specification 990

Comment

Who has time to spend watching *ouTube videos? I use it mostly for practice.

Michael

P.S. Check out Tico Tico by Ethel Smith.
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Well, not exactly a favorite, but amusing
          -Admin

Allen 965
          Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
          Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
          Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

I think I'm repeating myself, but those who love Cesar Franck's organ music need to check out Alexander Frey's performance on Youtube of the Third Choral at Trinity Wall Street, a performance I consider definitive (and I've been playing that piece, or trying to play it, for 50+ years). He had Cameron Carpenter turning pages!! <gasp>
            I don't have the URL handy but should be an easy search.

Comment

• myorgan
              myorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by beel m
              He had Cameron Carpenter turning pages!! <gasp>
              Finally, something he's good at! <evil grin>

Michael

You CANNOT be serious, this was a reed/pump organ? Gonna have to rethink what I think about any organ of any stripe.
            Allen ADC 3500
            Hammond L100

Comment

• Organfella
              Organfella commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh yes! and that is Rodney Jantzi playing it. Lovely organ with very good sound - and its probably more than 100 years old!
              Nico

• Vebo
              Vebo commented
              Editing a comment
              Tpap, do you recall that vid? I'd be very interested in seeing it. Imwas impressed with the low end, had no idea they could do that.

• tpappano
              tpappano commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello Vebo, I just now discovered your comment, I think it was the "T&F" that you linked to in the T&F thread a couple days ago

Not the best recording technically but moves my soul every time I listen. You can skip the ad.
            Last edited by Admin; 10-25-2019, 12:25 PM. Reason: embedded video

Comment

• Admin
              Admin commented
              Editing a comment

• Larrytow
              Larrytow commented
              Editing a comment
              Don, I agree with you completely. That video is awesome, and so terribly sad, all at the same time. When you want to see how to really put Feeling into leading a hymn, this is how it is done.
              Last edited by Larrytow; 11-07-2019, 10:23 PM.

It may be because I had a flu-ish virus over the weekend, but these guys (Richard Hills again) just make me happy:
            (On a Compton and Steinway upright)

Tom in Tulsa

Comment

OK but let’s have some electronics - favourite artists

DirkJan Ranzijn (Böhm) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MlFg...PA&amp;index=7
              Jelle van Marrum (Wersi https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4oN0R...amp;amp;t=219s and more recently Böhm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8QG8wd...r4&amp;amp;amp;index=2)
              Marco Cerbella (Yamaha Stagea) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hSXd8T2-2Iw
              Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
              Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

• Larrytow
                Larrytow commented
                Editing a comment
                RogerM, actually Yamaha introduced Touch Vibrato by moving the key horizontally way back in 1971. My EX-42s have it.

• RogerM
                RogerM commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Larrytow,
                Horizontal touch vibrato is demonstrated at 8.00 minutes into this video of the EX42 - what a beast https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8fpX5Pt_qc I was being lazy and avoiding research.

• Vebo
                Vebo commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, I relistened to #4 on headphones and heard it more clearly.

And now for something completely different. David Halls plays a transcription of this 1919 Eric Coates piece on the Salisbury Cathedral organ:

For theater organ - any performance by Iain McGlinchey:

https://www.youtube.com/user/imcg110/videos

For classical, including "listenable" 21st century stuff and the occasional fun and unexpected (like the theme from Dynasty), I really like Marko's performances:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mhakanpaa/videos

Rob Stefannusen has some good Hauptwerk recordings, including a number of Richard Elliott (Mormon Tabernacle organist) arrangements:

https://www.youtube.com/user/stefanussen/videos
              Last edited by Admin; 11-08-2019, 06:16 AM. Reason: embedded video
              Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
              Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
              Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

Working...
              X