X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: Easter Sunday Amusement

Well at least you turned a bad situation around. Good to hear the director is doing well. Did anyone know you were an organist before you did this? or was it some random thing getting up and playing?</p>

Good on you for playing Messiaen! He certainly deserves to be heard especially since this year is his birth centennial.
      </p>

Comment

Speaking of "CEO worshippers" -right before the Benediction the pastor said: "By the way, we are here every Sunday". []</P>

[quote user="Dana Rabenberg"]The service started with the reading about Jesus' burial (Matthew 27: 57-66), after which the bell tolled. After that, a moment of silence, followed by (with the assistance of the digital keyboard) the sound of an earthquake (earthquakes being rare here in Colorado, we had to guess what sounds they make)--LOUD![/quote]</P>

I thought the burial and earthquake would have been done on Good Friday, not Easter morning? [*-)]</P>

For my Good Friday "earthquake" I played the Shostakovich Passacaglia. Here's a clip of the opening, played by Christopher Herrick at St. Bart's:</P>

http://mfile3.akamai.com/14123/wm2/m...amp;obj=v10606</P>

For Easter we did two Hallelujah choruses - from Handel's "Messiah" and Beethoven's "Mount of Olives". We always doan organ &amp; brasswork for the prelude.For the postlude, the Widor Toccatais an Easter tradition -Ihave toplayit for three services in a row. [:|]</P>

I'm just now emerging for air. [|-)]</P>

Comment

Soubasse32 (I thought the burial and earthquake would have been done on Good Friday, not Easter morning?): I think the idea was to link Good Friday and Easter. Thus the declamantion a few seconds after the "earthquake": "Why do you search for the living among the dead?"</p>

NOTE: Our Good Friday service was based on Bach's St. Matthew Passion, ending with "rest well."</p>

DR</p>

Comment

Transports de Joie</p>

Was the organist taken to hospital by ambulance?
            </p>

Comment

Comment

Comment

I later found out that he had suffered from an epileptic seizure - it was not a heart attack as everybody had feared.
                  </P>

To me, the fact that folks were not sure what happened is scary - if he everhad seizures before, he should have been wearing his MedicAlert bracelet and hopefully would have tipped off others at the church of his condition... [:S] It might have been his first seizure however.</P>

Oh well, glad to hear he is OK and that you were there to play such a nice piece.</P>

Comment

Working...
                  X