Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    Our church had had the paperwork ready to submit weeks in advance to the okay for public services.

• jbird604
    commented on 's reply
    Lovely church and a great service with some wonderful organ music! Thanks for posting. I only wish my church could be back to gathering, even under restrictions, but alas, we have no plans to do so in the near future. But it's heartening to see and hear people gathered and worshiping together as your people are.

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    I love his Scripture inclusion! His wife was great, too!

• Philip Powell
    replied
    My church is already back to Masses and I played this week. You can listen to multiple hymns and chants throughout the attached video: https://youtu.be/MSuIquWM8V8
    Entrance: Concerto on Come, Holy Ghost arr. by Richard Proulx (4:15)
    Offertory: Veni Creator Spiritus (34:10) (I was very tempted to add a reed at the end!)
    Communion: Come, Holy Ghost by Thomas Atwood (48:10)

BTW, I was instructed to play everything a little faster so that the 50 person congregation would be discouraged to sing along.

Leave a comment:

• jbird604
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice service! I feel like I've been to church! And your choir sounds very good to me in spite of the small numbers and the difficulties of singing as a group when you're not in the same place. Gives me encouragement that we might be able to pull that off here, with a choir that's no larger than yours. Thanks!

• jbird604
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you kindly, Bill. I do like to vary the registrations to enhance the text, and so the sound doesn't get boring, but even with pistons I can be quite clumsy at making changes. I was fortunate on this hymn that my right hand could hold the chord at the end of each stanza while the left hand hit the pistons!

• jbird604
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't noticed any bass-heaviness on my R-09 recordings, but the microphones may vary from one unit to the next. Have you tried the "Low Cut" switch on the back in both positions? (Mine is "off.") Perhaps where you place the recorder makes a difference in the amount of bass picked up. I didn't try different locations, just set it up near the organ bench and it turned out pretty good.

This is the first video I've made where I captured the audio on the R-09 and then attached it to the video captured by my phone camera. Previously I just let the phone do the whole thing, and the sound was ok but not nearly as clear as the audio I got with the R-09 this time around.

Glad you liked the Allen's zimbelstern. I don't use it very often, Christmas, Easter, possibly Pentecost and/or Trinity. But the folks at church think it's real!

• voet
    commented on 's reply
    I thought everyone did well under challenging circumstances. Hopefully your parish appreciates the effort everyone put into bringing them a service. BTW, the organ for the hymns and anthem sounded different from the organ used for the voluntary. Was it the same or not?

• voet
    replied
    John, I like how you used the organ for the hymn accompaniment. You showed sensitivity to the text by getting quieter on stanzas 2 & 3 which are more introspective. It makes the return of fuller organ on stanza 4 more impactful. Nicely done.

Leave a comment:

• Peterboroughdiapason
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice. Like the cymbalstern! I haven't tried video yet.

I also use an Edirol RO-9, but I find the sound from built-in microphones very boomy and bass-heavy (particularly with organ pedals). Am I doing something wrong? I normally use a separate microphone.

• Peterboroughdiapason
    replied
    My village church choir sings 2 or 3 things in our online services every week. It's difficult: only 5 of them (+ me) have the confidence and technological know how to send in recordings and I have no control over how they sing - and thy're only amateurs. All ladies or girls .Without being able to see each other and hear each other breathe and phrase it's all a bit rough and ready - but better than nothing!

It's not usually a communion service - only because it was Pentecost.This was the first service where the priest could be in church rather than his study - the rest of us still at home:
    https://kingscliffe.church/online-services/pentecost/

Hymns at 2.25 and 18.45.
    Little anthem at 8.55
    Voluntary at 27.40
    Last edited by Peterboroughdiapason; 06-01-2020, 05:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jbird604
    replied
    Wow, Leisesturm, that was quite a service! Your church is blessed with a lot of technical skill that my church lacks. But in truth what you have here is simply a well-planned and orderly service with capable folks doing all the tasks. Interesting variety of music too.

This coming week my pastor has asked me and my wife to meet her at the church for a recording session. At this point we have only planned to include a sermon plus a hymn, but I'm inspired by your video! Perhaps we'll try to make it a little more varied than that. Thanks for posting!

Leave a comment:

• Leisesturm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• you795a
    replied
    Good job. Very nicely done.

Leave a comment:

• jbird604
    replied
    If you'd like to see the hymn text and music, here's a PDF I made to distribute to my church. I took the text and "pasted" it into the tune.

Come Holy Spirit Fill This Place.pdf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X