How is your embouchure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your embouchure?

How long did it take to master your embouchure skills?

You're aware that this is the organ forum? While there might be a few people here who know how to play brass instruments, I don't quite see how this topic fits into "Classic & Church Pipe Organs" where you posted it.

Maybe someone can move this discussion to a more appropriate forum.

Comment

I was a professional hornist but I'm not going to answer your question because I don't think you are truly interested in the answer and you'd probably argue with me anyway.

Besides that, I don't think this is an appropriate topic for the organ forum. Yes, there is a general chat area, but generally speaking it is for topics that are at least tangentially a propos to organs or organ music.

Sorry, Michael. I left off the diacritical mark on a propos!
      Last edited by tbeck; 07-13-2020, 05:31 AM. Reason: Apology for misspelling.

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't worry about that! I generally reserve that criticism for people who ignorantly start multiple threads.

I've moved this thread into General Chat (Stop in here for breezy conversation on any subject.).

Michael

Originally posted by jonmyrlebailey View Post
      How long did it take to master your embouchure skills?
      Could you please tell us what an embouchure is?

Michael
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
        Could you please tell us what an embouchure is?

Michael
        Music.
        1. the mouthpiece of a wind instrument.
        2. the adjustment of a player's mouth to such a mouthpiece.
        https://www.dictionary.com/browse/embouchure?s=t

You mean a mouth organ player doesn't have to have an embouchure?

Comment

• myorgan
          myorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Jon,

I don't mean anything. I just asked the question.

Michael

Originally posted by andijah View Post
        You're aware that this is the organ forum? While there might be a few people here who know how to play brass instruments, I don't quite see how this topic fits into "Classic & Church Pipe Organs" where you posted it.

Maybe someone can move this discussion to a more appropriate forum.
        I had MOUTH organs in mind.

Comment

• myorgan
          myorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Jon,

We're not mind-readers. Do you think perhaps that would have been an important piece of information to include in your first post? So far, all the replies have been off-topic, if your original post was about the Mouth Organ (i.e. harmonica).

Michael

Originally posted by jonmyrlebailey View Post

I had MOUTH organs in mind.
        Nice try, but ... FAIL. A harmonica is not anyone's definition of a true wind instrument that requires embouchure formation. Neither is it an organ in any sense of the way organists use the term. Look, we get it. You are bored stiff. Lockdown has been hard on all of us but we don't take our frustrations out on our forum mates.

Comment

I was fortunate in that I was born with an astoundingly PERFECT embouchure for playing both the piano and the organ (both pipe and electronic) !!! 😎😎😎

Comment

• tbeck
            tbeck commented
            Editing a comment
            I was born with perfect ears... No holes.

• myorgan
            myorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            I know, Regeron, I've seen you!

Michael

Originally posted by Leisesturm View Post
          Nice try, but ... FAIL. A harmonica is not anyone's definition of a true wind instrument that requires embouchure formation. Neither is it an organ in any sense of the way organists use the term. Look, we get it. You are bored stiff. Lockdown has been hard on all of us but we don't take our frustrations out on our forum mates.
          This whole thread was my ill attempt at being funny. I thought some here would get a bang out of it.

Q. What's the definition of a minor second? A: Two flutes playing a unison.

Comment

Working...
          X