Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	737832
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

What a way to have fun at a funeral!

I think they could have chosen a better photo for that particular album! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nostalgic indeed. And then amazingly there are still some of those around and singing - however, the family members might not be able to say the same, and those who can, probably changed a little over time....
      Those were the days...:-(

Nico
      "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

I was a teenager (1960s) and played my Aunt's during a family party. A number of people sang along. My one uncle did with great gusto. The next day he couldn't talk. It took about a week to recover. But we all had great fun that night.

Comment

This photo appeared a couple of years ago on the Vintage Organ Facebook Group, and great fun was had thinking up more titles, as well as discussing the oddest pieces that any of us have had to play at a funeral. I'll try to find the thread (Facebook's c**p at that!) and post some of them!

And we've also had plenty of fun looking at the 'happy families' photos in the brochures and adverts. I thought we had some on here too!
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

I'm just wondering where the captions came from! Someone's very good at *hotoShop–it looks original. I would blame Admin, but we all know he's not that clever.O:-) Seriously, the things he comes up with!!!

I never played it at a funeral, but I always thought the lyrics, Going down for the last time.... would be appropo! All I remember is that it is a song Evie Tournquist sang on her album.

The sad part is when I used to play for funerals while in high school. I remember one funeral where there were only about 5 people there, and the lady had spent her entire life helping others. How sad when someone spends a life serving and those are the few who remember.:'(

Michael
            Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
            • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
            • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
            • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

• tbeck
              tbeck commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok. So just regular HTML markup.

• Admin
              Admin commented
              Editing a comment
              Not HTML. BBCode

• tbeck
              tbeck commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, thanks, Admin.

I visited an older friend in the late 60's who had just been given one of these chord organs. She just LOVED it!!! I didn't see or hear much to love, but I didn't say anything negative or discouraging. I just let her enjoy her extreme happiness!
            Lloyd

Happily retired organist/pianist from the Church of the Brethren...Allen ADC-4300-DK.
            Home...Wurlitzer (ES) Orgatron Series 20 Serial #11608 (retrofitted with MIDI and VPO-Hauptwerk) with Leslie 44W (shorty).
            Hammond BC Serial #5070 with Leslie 31A (tallboy) tone cabinet
            A.L. Swan antique pump organ (C.1852) Cherry Valley NY
            Member of the Lutheran Church (LCMS): traditional worship. Cleveland Clinic Spiritual Care volunteer with the chaplain's office.

Comment

Hi all,

A Magnus chord organ started my musical journey when I was about 5 or 6. My first "real" organ (two manuals and pedals) was a Yamaha 115D (A55N outside US) when I was 12.

Later,
              Allen
              Currently own: Roland Atelier AT-90, Yamaha 115D, Roland DP-90SE, Yamaha PSR-S910

YouTube Channel

Comment

I love some of the titles on the sheet music, :devil: Ripe for jokes!
                Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Does anyone on the forum own a Magnus Chord Organ funeral book? I can only find this picture and derivatives of this picture on the web. It would be funnier if it were real.
                  Sam
                  Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
                  Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

Comment

That's a song book to die for!

Comment

The best $1.00 I ever spent was for a Magmus organ at a garage sale. I had to realign the foam under the keys before it sounded right. Our oldest daughter used it when she was four or five. She never got the hang of playing or reading music but we let her do what she could with it which was interesting. I used to play classical tunes on it. Needless to say the Magmus sound was also interesting for classical music.

Comment

Those really WERE the days! And strange as it seems, I'd think an old Magnus chord organ might generate more real interest on the part of a young person than a $100 Casio or Yamaha keyboard with all the corny rhythms and automatic accomp and such. Somebody should bring those back.
                        John
                        ----------
                        *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
                        X