No announcement yet.

Covid 19 Vaccination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aches and pains, some said. From getting the jab. I get mine for free - and without any jab...;-)

Just could not resist that one...

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      That reminds me–whatever happened to air injections? It used to be a "thing" years ago. New technology back then!

Michael

They only work for subcutaneous (just under the skin) injections. The current mRNA vaccines require IM (intramuscular) injection to maximize uptake.

--- Tom
    Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

Arkansas opened up vaccinations to age 65 and up yesterday. My wife and I are getting ours this afternoon. Moderna.
      John
      ----------
      *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Just got my 1st does--it is the Pfizer, and already scheduled my 2nd. So far, no side effects to speak of. While I live in a relatively rural area, the Pfizer vaccine is used more in our local health department--I suspect the presence of a fairly large local hospital linked to an extremely large healthcare system ((Intermountain Healthcare) allows the necessary extremely cold storage. The extremely large healthcare system big facility is colloquially referred to as the "death star" not for the outcomes, but for it size: nine buildings and each has a large number outside to help you navigate.

Comment

The jab went smoothly. Got it precisely at the appointed time and left after a 15 minute observation period. They made us an appointment for the second dose in 4 weeks. Both of us have a slightly sore arm, but that's all so far.
          John
          ----------
          *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

Comment

Overnight effects: arm is sore to the bone--as if somebody punched me there; had a mild headache for a few hours along with a slight fever and felt a little off. Except for the arm, the symptoms only lasted about 8 hours.

Comment

Got both doses, 2nd one last week. Didn't so much care about the shots as I did about getting the card, as they'll want vaccination record to shop, travel! Already have to show your card to get on a cruise ship, so it's only a matter of time! Schnell!! Show me your papers!

Comment

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Like the first one, absolutely no side effects, no arm soreness, no bruising. Later in the day I pressed firmly on the injection spot -- absolutely no pain.

Frank

Comment

Got our first doses this morning. Ours was the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine, which all the data now shows is extremely effective at preventing serious illness and hospitalisation, as well as dramatically reducing the transmissibility (is that a word?) to others. All very efficiently done and very friendly staff and volunteers. 2nd dose in mid May. Already feel a wee bit safer but still keeping ourselves as safe as we have been doing for the past year (!).
                  It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
                  Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
                  Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
                  Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Glad to see so many of you organists getting your shots. We need to keep all our organists healthy since there is not enough youngins are coming through the ranks. I should be able to get mine next month. For the some of you that had a fever for a day or a sore arm, that even happens with the regular flu shot and sure better than actually getting COVID.
                    Hammond: Aurora Custom 227322, Colonnade 333270, T443

Comment

Got my second dose this morning. Wife got her second dose last week with no side effects.

Comment

Got an e-mail Saturday from the Dallas Health people for me to schedule a shot. Went today and got the first shot (Moderna); second shot will be in April. No side effects at this time.

David

Comment

I received my first Pfizer shot yesterday through my workplace. The only side effect is a slightly sore arm.

Allen
                          Currently own: Roland Atelier AT-90, Yamaha 115D, Roland DP-90SE, Yamaha PSR-S910

YouTube Channel

Comment

My wife and I got shot a little over 2 hours ago. No ill effects–yet. Moderna.

Michael
                            Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
                            • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
                            • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
                            • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Here in Arkansas the governor just today opened vaccinations to another million Arkansans. The newly-included group includes all persons over 18 with any medical condition that would make COVID more dangerous -- diabetes, heart disease, immune compromises, etc. As well as a vast number of occupations in which people are in direct contact with the public, such as food service and many professional careers. (Educators, medical personnel, first responders, and many other career categories have already been vaccinated.)

With the addition of this new group, the vaccines are now available to about two-thirds of all residents in this state. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go ahead and offer vaccination to the general public very soon. I think he is committed to beating the May 1 deadline set by the president in his address last week.

We get our second shots a week from tomorrow. My kids in DC have gotten their first doses already, and the ones in Missouri are on a couple of waiting lists. We're making serious plans to all get together the first of June!
                              John
                              ----------

Comment

• Admin
                                Admin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Most grocery stores in Arizona contain pharmacies. They are also beginning to offer vaccine shots.
                            Working...
                            X