This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off on a trip for 2 weeks

<DIV id=post_message_362966>Just a note to let you all know that I am leaving later today for a 2-week cruise in northern Europe and my presence here will be severely restricted. I'll be visiting Oslo, Norway; Copenhagen, Denmark; Tallinn, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; and Stockholm, Sweden. There is an opportunity to take a day trip to Berlin, but I don't think I'll take it. The cruise begins and ends at Harwich, England, which is on the coast northeast of London.

I'm sure there will be Internet service on the ship, but it will be expensive. I'll probably not be checking very often.

I think temperatures up there will be in the 50s and 60s--I'll think of you Southern folks suffering with 100s (but not often). I'm even taking a coat!

David</DIV>

Re: Off on a trip for 2 weeks

Wow, that sounds absolutely lovely! Stay safe and have fun, davidecasteel!</P>

Blessings, ReedGuy</P>

Comment

On my most recent trip I performed in Tallinn and played a church service at the TemppeliaukioKirkko (Church in the Rock) in Helsinki - a fascinating church architecturally -interesting photos can be found on the internet.

But for an organ lover the real gem is to be found at the Kallio church in Helsinki. DO try to make some time to visit it.

There is a wonderful old Sauer in the Toomkirik n Tallinn - it has been completely restored and is a beautiful instrument. It sounds and plays like a dream.

Safe travels!

Comment

Enjoy your cruise davidecasteel.</p>

Its just struck me, with the size of these cruise ships, do any of them have organs installed? I'd think a digital instrument would be most appropriate, but perhaps there is a pipe instrument fully working on board a ship somewhere. Just a thought...
        </p>
        1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
        Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

[quote user="soubasse32"]On my most recent trip I performed in Tallinn and played a church service at the TemppeliaukioKirkko (Church in the Rock) in Helsinki - a fascinating church architecturally -interesting photos can be found on the internet.
          [/quote]</p>

Nuts, sb32 just beat me to it. Don't miss this church, and hope you visit at a time of day when there aren't loads of tour buses! </p>

Some great pictures here Helsinki Cathedral is also worth a visit as is the Uspenski Orthodox Church, just don't expect there to be an organ in the latter! (You will also find pictures of both at the same site.)
          </p>

And don't worry, everyone speaks English in Finland. Have a great time! </p>

Comment

Working...
          X