Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Toodles

Folks,

I recently learned of our good friend and Forum member Toodles' passing at the age of 69.šŸ˜¢ He was always ready to help those needing assistance with Rodgers, Allen, Lowrey, and theatre organs. His technical knowledge and depth of resources were a great help to me, for one.

A few months ago he was going to send me a couple of organ books regarding theatre organ playing. I suspect he knew what was about to happen, but I never asked. I just found his obituary: https://whitepinefunerals.com/obituaries/charles-strack

Please use this thread to remember him and how he has positively affected your life as an organist, lover of organ music, or member of the Forum.

Michael
    Last edited by myorgan; 07-15-2021, 07:20 PM. Reason: Fix age.
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

So sorry to hear about it. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. He had a lot of knowledge regarding organs on this forum. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us Toodles.

Comment

Wow. Gone far too soon. A great fellow Rodgers enthusiast. My deepest sympathies to his family.

--- Tom
      Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

A big loss to our organ forum community for sure. Toodles was very knowledgeable, and was very generous and kind with his help. I learned a lot from him, and will miss his advice! My condolences to his family, and thanks to God for the gift of him. Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine.

Comment

I am in shock about his passing. When I first got my Allen ADC-5300 it was missing both the roll top key and the combination action key. Charlie was kind enough to send me a combination action key in the mail after I got the other key from the local Allen dealer. I sent him a tone card he had been looking for as a thank you. We traded emails over several subjects and I always enjoyed his highly informative and helpful posts.

Thank you Michael for posting a link to his obituary and the guestbook entry on behalf of this Forum. He will be greatly missed on here.
          Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Saville Series IV Opus 209; Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Gulbransen Rialto; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI.

Comment

This is very sad.
            Thanks for letting us know.
            My thoughts are with his family.

Comment

Oh no! Another dear friend gone....šŸ˜Ŗ. A great loss of another very helpful Forumist - and at such a young age. Our most sincere condolences to his family and friends
              Nico.
              "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this. I enjoyed reading his posts which were always considerate and helpful. May he rest in peace.

George
                My instrument: Allen MDS-65 with a New Century Zimbelstern
                Former instruments (RIP): Allen ADC 420; Conn Minuet

Comment

So sad to hear of Charlie's passing. He seemed like an old friend, though we never met in person. He was a kind soul who freely shared his knowledge and experience with others, and was helpful to me on many occasions. He is sorely missed already.
                  John
                  ----------
                  *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

RIP, indeed! Very sorry to learn of this. He was a very helpful contributor to this forum. I always enjoyed reading his posts, and we exchanged a lot of conversation. My prayers for the family.

David

Comment

This is sad, but he's gone to a better place. He was very helpful to me when I was installing my 1967 Allen. RIP, Sir Toodles. You will be missed.
                      -- I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic project, 1899 Kimball project
                      -- Organs: Rodgers W5000C, Juno DS-61/88, FA-06, Conn 643, Hammond M3, E112, and L-102
                      -- Pianos: 1906 M. Schulz, 1929 Brambach, 1952 Poole, 1979 Samick (console)

Comment

This is very sad. A great loss not only to this forum but also of course to his family, friends and his companion pets.

Comment

I traveled to Logan, Utah, some years ago and picked up a three manual Allen theater organ that Toodles generously donated. He was a great source of information about organs in general and had a thorough understanding of speakers in particular. RIP, you are missed so much!
                          http://www.kinkennon.com

Comment

Iā€™m very sad to hear of his passing. As many have already said he was a very valuable source of information and will be missed dearly! My best wishes and condolences will be with the family.
                            Last edited by Organplayer66; 07-19-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Way too young! Shows the fragility of life. Such a great forum member. He was helpful so many times! My condolences to his family.
                              John
                              Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X