Tony Stace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Stace

Saw Tony Stace at Medway Organ & Keyboard Club tonight. He is still playing Yamaha HX1, launched 35 years ago, which I rate as a fantastic instrument even now and thankfully he has no plans to change it. Unable to perform because of Covid restrictions, Tony has been working in Marks & Spencer but is now back on the concert trail.

If you get the opportunity to see and hear this talented artist I do recommend that you go along. As an aside, in his teens Tony was tutored by Andrew Gilbert - andyg - who will be well known to members of this Forum.
    Last edited by RogerM; 10-11-2021, 06:03 PM.
    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
    Current: Yamaha AR-100

It's great to see Tony and our other talented artistes back at the console where they belong. I re-start concerts next Spring - two years later than I had intended! Two of those are for Tony Stace and Andrew Nix, so I expect Tony will kindly give me his usual plug as 'teacher'!
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

And here is an example Tony put up on YouTube about a year ago with the HX-1. Clearly his teacher's emphasis on technique paid off.
      He is a favorite because of his use of an HX-1, just like the one I bought new in 1990 and still is going strong.

How about a little interview with him, and other artists using aging equipment and the challenges they face. That would be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo---N6eQZk

Current inventory. Yamaha HX-1,Hammond Colonnade w/ Leslie 720, Kawai XR9000, (2) Technics FN3, Tyros 5, PSR 910.
      Is that enough?

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
        It's great to see Tony and our other talented artistes back at the console where they belong.
        Tony tells me that artistes are still having to fit concert performances around a full-time job which brings in the money. Hopefully things will yet improve for them.

Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
        Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

Working...
        X