This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point(s), Havoc!
    Perhaps this actual event might be considered funny enough?
    My residence instrument (pictured as my avatar) reaches the ceiling and the bass pipes actually protrude into a specially built shaft that protrudes into the attic.
    Several years ago, a lady-friend of mine (who was also a colleague at work) said to our fellow employees:
    "You should see his organ; it goes all the way up to the ceiling!"

Comment

it seems that Philip needs to define 'clean' for us, if he wishes us to continue without potentially offending him.

In the meantime... I remember playing continuo organ - a small instrument of 3 or 4 ranks - for my University's choir concert. After the event, during the stage clean-up, I was at the back of the concert hall when the stage manager [a young woman of about 20yrs of age] yelled back to me, asking, "Do you need help getting your organ off the stage?" I wasn't sure what to say, so I remained silent. She blushed. The instrument was eventually moved off stage. Later, we all died laughing at our own silliness.
      Last edited by regeron; 01-23-2011, 03:30 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

C, G and E-flat go into a bar.

The bartender says: "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So the E-flat leaves.

C and G then have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me, I'll just be a second." Then an A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor.

The bartender then notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims, "Get out now. You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."

The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The doorman says, "You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development."

This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural.

Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility.

On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.
        My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

^ Brilliant, Momboc. You should be on the staff! I'll send them a note about that.
          -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
          Leslie 147 #F7453 in the queue.
          Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

That really would be a score. I might be orchestrated into playing but only if my bass pay was trebled.
            My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

I guess it depends on the tone of your pitch. You need to blow your own trumpet. Pull out all the stops. Pedal your wares. Strike a chord with the dominant one, that's the key, and register your interest in manual work, but in the end let them think they're calling the tune.
              -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
              Leslie 147 #F7453 in the queue.
              Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

Working...
              X