This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Contraptions

This has absolutely nothing to do with organs, but I believe our decidedly clever members here might enjoy the following puzzle website:</p>

fantasticcontraption.com</p>

The idea is to move a given item from the workspace to the goal by creating a contraption using directional motors, free wheels, and two types of structural struts.  The software is I believe flash-based, and is convincingly accurate about the physics of the machines you create, although it could use a good optimization for folks with slower machines - the more parts the slower it gets.  (I have a 1.2 ghz IBook with 1.25 gigs of RAM and it's fine, but a PIII450 just won't cut it, except maybe with lots of RAM).</p>

So, if you're looking to spend lots of time you don't have on a shameless online addiction, this site is for you!  (C:</p>

- Nate </p>

Re: Fantastic Contraptions

[quote user="KleinErzahler"]So, if you're looking to spend lots of time you don't have on a shameless online addiction, this site is for you![/quote]</P>

Oops, I should have heeded that warning. (I say that after emerging hours later, bleary-eyed)... [^o)]</P>

Comment

It is LOADS of fun, even on my slow machine. Maybe we need a fantastic contraptions area on this forum. How far did you get, SB32?

Comment

I think I got about 8 or 9 levels in, but then I had to reboot my computer (I'm also troubleshooting some computer issues).

Comment

I got to five, don't have much time

Comment

I'm stumped at level fourteen.[:|]

Comment

Soubasse32,</p>

I'm stumped at level 15.[:(] I will let you discover a solution to level 14 on your own. [:D] Most of my solutions eventually worked with tweaking, although they were not elegant or pretty.
              </p>

Allen
              </p>
              Currently own: Roland Atelier AT-90, Yamaha 115D, Roland DP-90SE, Yamaha PSR-S910

YouTube Channel

Comment

I'm stuck on the "tube" puzzle at the moment - everything I have made thus far just falls out the bottom!  (C:</p>

</p>

- Nate </p>

Comment

Contraption Ethics?

Incidentally, I like how the ability to view other peoples' contraptions is withheld for each level until you achieve it.  In that spirit, I suppose that we should be keeping our contraptions to ourselves for the moment?  (C:</p>

</p>

- Nate </p>

Comment

Re: Contraption Ethics?

Wow, this game has really taken off in popularity. I first came across about a month ago in another forum (non music) that I frequent and there was no mention of it elsewhere, and now its on pretty much all the forums I visit including this one.</P>
                    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
                    1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
                    Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

Re: Contraption Ethics?

I can't figure out a solution to level eleven, I got twelve, because I went ahead, but 11, I'm just stumped. My solutions are very unlike manny of the othrers i've seen, where others build ramps for the thing, I build a big friggin' machine, along the lines of the NASA crawlers

Comment

Working...
                      X