My church on Google View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My church on Google View

My 12th century village church, to which I have retired, is on Google view. You can move around and see the decorations for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations - we're in the UK, of course.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!1BCgIgARICGAI
    Last edited by Peterboroughdiapason; 06-22-2022, 10:31 AM.

Nice big open wood. Or is that Big Boom and Little Boom.

Comment

Very nice. I haven't seen many of those 360-degree rotatable perspective images on Google map info, and those were very well done.
      -- I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic project, 1899 Kimball project -- Rodgers W5000C, Juno DS-61/88, FA-06, VR-09B, Conn 643, Hammond M3, E112, and L-102, 6 Melodicas

Comment

Beautiful church!!! It's all very nice, but the one thing that stuck out to me is that awesome baptismal font.

George
        My instrument: Allen MDS-65 with a New Century Zimbelstern
        Former instruments (RIP): Allen ADC 420; Conn Minuet 542

Comment

Originally posted by aeolian pat View Post
          Nice big open wood. Or is that Big Boom and Little Boom.
          Just big boom! There is only one pedal stop: "grand open diapason": https://www.npor.org.uk/NPORView.html?RI=D01670

It's a very small and limited instrument (especially since the Swell is missing the bottom octave - though borrows the bottom notes from the great Stopped. Diapason. It's a very fine JW Walker, though, and untouched since it was built in 1865. (The lever swell was, thank goodness, replaced with a balanced swell pedal at some stage.

Comment

Where does the spiral staircase go? Seems odd placement for such an item.

Comment

Originally posted by Piperdane View Post
              Where does the spiral staircase go? Seems odd placement for such an item.
              It goes up to the bell ringing chamber.

Comment

What a wonderful church!
                John
                ----------
                *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• myorgan
                  myorgan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  John,

Worth a side trip while you're in England?

Michael
              Working...
              X