X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe64'
    replied
    Re: Any Cameron Carpenter Fans ?

Greg, did you listen to the new recording of that piece ?

</p>

Leave a comment:

• Greg
    replied
    Re: Any Cameron Carpenter Fans ?

I am a Cameron Carpenter fan but I listened to his interpretation of Bach T &amp; F and didn't think very much of it. Unfortunately he made the organ sound very much like an electronic one especially when he was using the chorus reeds. They sounded very one dimensional and flat as you would expect from speakers. It was clever the way he was using the different tone colours of the organ but it would have been far better if he was playing on a pipe organ rather than on a glorified synthesizer.

Leave a comment:

• pipe64'
    started a topic Any Cameron Carpenter Fans ?

Any Cameron Carpenter Fans ?

The latest "Pipedreams" program is devoted entirely to Cameron Carpenter.</p>

You can stream the entire 90 minute program here:</p>

http://pipedreams.publicradio.org/listings/2008/0837/</p>

The program includes an "interesting" new recording of the 565 off his new Telarc album (not the one you've seen already on youtube). Pay special attention to the organ in the 565 piece. I wont give anything away but it will be explained at the end.
    </p>

The sound quality of the steam is pretty good as far as streaming goes.</p>

There's also a new recording of Chopin's Revolutionary Etude in c done on a real pipe organ and you can also watch Cameron playing that again at Trinity. This video is on the bonus DVD that's included with his new Telarc CD
    </p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr9SXtvunwk</p>

This is a brand new video from this Telarc recording, not the one that's been up for over a year already.</p>

Don't forget to click on the "watch in high quality" directly below the video if you watch it on youtube.</p>
Working...
X