X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefanussen Does Vierne...

YouTube - Final - Symphonie No. 1 - Louis Vierne

Re: Stefanussen Does Vierne...

I believe that the sample set of the CC organ in question has two versions - the original and an extended sample set which includes the 32' reed. I'm not sure where this stop is sampled from but I don't think it is original of the Metz CC.</P>

I'm surprised how good it sounds (even through YouTube)!I actually quite fancy getting one of these myself now. It's certainly better than many of the digitals I have heard and played.</P>

The performance itself is beautiful - an absolute joy to listen to!</P>

Comment

Thanks to both for the compliments! When you order the virtual Metz, you get the original organ and an extended version. The extended version adds two 32' stops in the pedal, a 4' flute on the G.O. and some upperwork in the Positiv (the Positiv on the original organ is surprisingly bare)</p>

As far as recording goes, the built in recorder is my ace in the sleeve. The organ was already recorded and digitized once (by professionals with much better equipment than I have!), so it's nice that I can record straight to the hard drive without re-recording the samples. I then remove the audio from the captured video and sync the recorded audio file with the captured video.
      </p>

</p>

Comment

Well, they also payed much, much, much more for their equipment, and they probably know how to record the organ so it sounds its best, whoch is something that no built in mic can ever do. I do love the sound of the Metz orgue. I think it'd be really neat if just for kicks they created a Wanamaker sample set, can you just imagine.

Comment

Working...
        X