X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davidecasteel
    replied
    Re: Gran Torino - the movie

I haven't seen it yet, but I will--I'm an Action Movie aficionado and especially like Clint Eastwood. Thanks for the endorsement, and I'll keep an eye out forthe organ scene.</P>

David</P>

Leave a comment:

• NYCFarmboy
    replied

I'm still thinking about that movie 3 days later..I believe I will go see it again this weekend...the acting is just amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Clarion
    replied

Loved the movie! ClintEastwood was born in 1930; sothat makes him 78 years of age! Wow! This guy is amazing! He never quits! He just keeps getting better.</P>

The pipe organ piece at the beginning, i.e. the funeral if you wish, [:S] was anE. Power Biggs arrangement of Benedeto Marcello's Psalm 18. Not something that turns my crank, but if EPB figured it was worth taking to the next level,I supposesomeone out there must like it. [:$]</P>

Interesting:while the credits addressed the very least of the casualextras in the movie, no mention was given to the the organist or the church in the opening scenes. [:S]</P>

Leave a comment:

• Menschenstimme
    replied

Great clip - thank you! Hope you can find some way to post a clip of the pipe organ scene.

Leave a comment:

• NYCFarmboy
    started a topic Gran Torino - the movie

Gran Torino - the movie

awesome movie, opens with a nice pipe organ scene:

http://www.thegrantorino.com/

really amazing movie..one of the best I've seen in ages.
Working...
X