• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A report on the "Pipedreams Live" Concert

Dreaded double-post, please forgive me.

Comment

Re: A report on the "Pipedreams Live" Concert

SB32,</p>

Could someone tell me how to set up an OF gallery? Photobucket is not working for me, and I can't find the link to the OF "Create a Photo Gallery" tool. Once I get that I will move the picture off gmail and onto a gallery here and the problem will be solved.
      </p>

Comment

Re: A report on the &quot;Pipedreams Live&quot; Concert

Clickherefor info on how to set up a photo gallery.</P>

It seemsit has to be done via a request to the Admin.</P>

Thanks for being willing to remove that link - I getthat sillypopup every time I visit the previous page! [:S][]</P>

Comment

SB32,</p>

I've contacted the admin and will re-link the picture once the gallery is created.
          </p>

Thanks a lot for the help.</p>

Comment

Philip,</P>

I did indeed read with great interest your entire lengthy report on the program! Thanks for taking the time to give us such a marvelous accounting.</P>

John</P>
            John
            ----------
            *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

I have not been to an organ concert in a few years except when Diane Bish came to our town last fall. Your program made me desire to get back into it again.</P>

I think most of the new music is good but there a few piecesI wish I had never heard. Some years ago and I don't remember whose concert it was or the composer of the piece but it sounded like a scene in a movie where there is a traffic jam and all the auto horns were honkling in a different key. I could hardly sit through it. </P>

I have always thought that the early composers were so fortunate to have lived at a time when there wasn't a lot of music published and they their creativity was never stiffeled by being compared to the 'good old classic music'. Maybe life was at a slower pace too so people were not in the rush like they are today in getting things done</P>

I would say the same about hymns. We sing great hymns today that are hundreds of years old but today we say the hymns don't measure up to 'old hymns' and they last about 1 year and no one ever sings them again. It has gotten to the point that now the "popular praise song writers' are taking old hymns and putting them to different music. </P>

Kathan</P>

Comment

I have fixed the scan of the CC program. It now links to my gallery instead of to Gmail. There should be no more security warnings.

Comment

Working...
                X