This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedalboard wood polish?

You're familiar with Allen AGO Pedal boards. First, the width of each pedal is 1 centimeter to an Inch wide, and the top of the pedal has a nice finish on the wood to allow the organists shoes to slide without any hassles. I know that most of Allen's pedal board's are designed the same way, but does anyone know if Allen has a special polish that are added onto each pedal to allow the organists food to slide more easily from pedal to pedal?</p>

</p>

I'm bringing this question up because I have a Rodgers organ with an AGO Pedal board, but there isn't as much of a slickness on the pedals as I've experienced on newer Allen pedalboard builds, and want to know if I can fix this. </p>

</p>

If I were to make a foot slide from F to low C on an Allen Pedalboard with my organ shoes on, my foot would slide quick and precisely across note to note; however, this is not the case when practicing on my Rodgers Pedal Board.
    </p>

Removed duplicate post

<P mce_keep="true"></P>
    Allen T 12B

Comment

Re: pedalboard wood polish?

I played a Ruffati organ in Atlanta once thatallowed one to glide easily on the pedals but I never asked if they did anything special to them.</P>

You might try some paste furniture wax on the pedals to see if you get the effect you're looking for. There are some liquid furniture waxes for sale but in my limited experience with cleaning furniture around the house they seem to attract dust more quickly and I just don't like dusty pedals.</P>

If you know a Allen technician you could ask about him about it. The Allen technician that took care of the organ at the church I played the most at was very kind to give me a light bulbs free for my TC 6 at homewhen one would burn out. All I did was ask!</P>

Al</P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>
      Allen T 12B

Comment

Working...
      X