Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are lovely and amazing used organs suddenly going begging for takers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
    I wonder if he has a twin?
    I hope not. One flipper is enough.

Comment

I saw this listing earlier today and was puzzled by the very familiar wording and the name on the seller's account. The photos have been used in a previous ebay listing - I know because I copied them back in February. The wording is exactly the same as used by the Florida gentleman but R.A. Colby is a well-known custom organ console builder in Johnson City, Tennessee. Checking the stop lists for the 7000 and the 7300, neither one had a 32' Untersatz in the published specs.
      Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
      Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
      Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

Originally posted by don60 View Post
        I hope not. One flipper is enough.
        Originally posted by AllenAnalog View Post
        I saw this listing earlier today and was puzzled by the very familiar wording and the name on the seller's account. The photos have been used in a previous ebay listing - I know because I copied them back in February. The wording is exactly the same as used by the Florida gentleman but R.A. Colby is a well-known custom organ console builder in Johnson City, Tennessee. Checking the stop lists for the 7000 and the 7300, neither one had a 32' Untersatz in the published specs.
        I wonder if he's branching out? Maybe it's one of his "handyman's specials" that couldn't be fixed, so it's being sold again?

Michael

P.S. The Untersatz 32' was reserved for the ADC-8xxx series organs. I have one (but hasn't been delivered yet).
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
          I wonder if he has a twin? There's an ADC-7000 on *Bay right now that has the incorrect stoplist included (photos don't agree w/listing--just check the 32' Pedal stops):
          This sale is for an Allen ADC-7000 digital organ from the mid-1980's. The starting bid is $5,000 FOB Johnson city, TN. It was a flagship three manual from the time with four 32' stops and multiple celestes. This is the equivalent of a 70-stop, 90-rank pipe organ. Included are the organ drawstop console, pedal board, 8 external speakers and bench. This is an excellent organ for a large home practice instrument or for church use-- definitely NOT a fix-me-up or handyman's special, because everything works well and it sounds splendid. This has recently been inspected by a MITA affiliated technician and all of the notes, pedals, pistons and stop controls are fully functional. The medium oak cabinet is in good condition with signs or wear commensurate with its age. Although currently functioning prior to release for shipping, the manufacturer's warranty has expired and the organ is being sold as-is and without further warranty.
          Hmmmmmm.

Michael
          The organ in the listing (at least in the pictures) is a 7000. The spec printed in the description is for an 8000. It looks like, at best, someone lifted the FF's "splendid" text and re-used it.

Comment

His Name is Robert Apple hence "R.A." and pomodoro means Golden Apple, get it?
            Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by John Vanderlee View Post
              His Name is Robert Apple hence "R.A." and pomodoro means Golden Apple, get it?
              Nope--his name is Robah Warren Apple. We have had this discussion before.

Comment

This listing is from the organ builders R.A. Colby. They are located in Johnson City TN, the same location as the organ in the listing.

My guess is they just copied one of Robah's listings wholesale. As pointed out, the spec is not for the organ listed. For example, the spec lists 3 expression pedals and a crescendo for a total of four while the picture shows only three shoes.
                -Admin

Allen 965
                Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
                Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
                Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Back to the original topic of the thread, though. There was a time when the thread was started only 21/2 years ago by John, Allen ADC organs were going for at least the price that matched or doubled the model number (i.e. $8000>$16000 for an ADC-8000; $6000-$12000 for an ADC-6000; etc.). I guess I should have expected the time to come where they were worth a bit less than that. Now, let's see if anyone will pay that asking price?

Michael

P.S. I'm still waiting for my ADC-8350 to come up for less than $4000>$5000. That would be the holy grail of my collection!
                  • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

Comment

Funny, I had ordered a small part from him, and the envelope said from "Robert Apple", another Alias?
                    Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by John Vanderlee View Post
                      Funny, I had ordered a small part from him, and the envelope said from "Robert Apple", another Alias?
                      Maybe, but I seem to recall that another family member is involved in his enterprise.
                      -Admin

Allen 965
                      Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
                      Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
                      Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Google is our friend. The original Robah Warren Apple is deceased. Robert is a son I believe. Kind of sad that we can't move on from this topic.
                        http://www.kinkennon.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Kinkennon View Post
                          Kind of sad that we can't move on from this topic.
                          I tried!

Michael

Comment

It's kind of sad that no one will believe me. There was indeed a Robah Warren Apple, Sr., now deceased. The current FF is Robah Warren Apple, Jr.; he has dropped the "Jr." now that his father is no longer living. I am not just relying on Google. A mutual acquaintance has known Jr. for many years and has told me all about him.

Comment

Originally posted by don60 View Post
                              It's kind of sad that no one will believe me. There was indeed a Robah Warren Apple, Sr., now deceased. The current FF is Robah Warren Apple, Jr.; he has dropped the "Jr." now that his father is no longer living. I am not just relying on Google. A mutual acquaintance has known Jr. for many years and has told me all about him.
                              So in other words this organ flipping is never going to end?

Comment

Probably not, unless the flip becomes a flop.

Comment

Working...
                                X