Too manny bad recordings (I think)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Freddy,
    I literally just listened to your YouTube upload a few minutes ago and it isn't half bad! In fact, I think its quite good. Not that I know anything about theater organ playing. I wish I did. I have a deep suspicion that becoming acquainted with theater organ technique makes any classical organist better. Look at Cameron Carpenter.

Comment

Originally posted by Leisesturm View Post
      Hey Freddy,
      I literally just listened to your YouTube upload a few minutes ago and it isn't half bad! In fact, I think its quite good. Not that I know anything about theater organ playing. I wish I did. I have a deep suspicion that becoming acquainted with theater organ technique makes any classical organist better. Look at Cameron Carpenter.

Your comments appreciated. I looked at Cameron Carpenter and can only envy the skill and technique. Oh well, back to the practice session.

Comment

Great fun, Freddy! Your granddad is a wise man.
        John
        ----------
        Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
        Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
        Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
        Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

I watched the video,and thought it was pretty good. I may not be into theater organ,though,but that was enjoyable. As I see it,it's all about enjoying music,...professional or amateur! Practice a particular song,..and when you feel it's worthy of a video shoot for youtube,post it for all to enjoy. I have a Rodgers 640 organ in my living room,....I enjoy contemporary praise & worship music,...and that is mostly what I will be playing. I'm an amateur organist,so I play melody line with chords,and add pedals to lowest note of each chord for a bass line. I'll choose a song I want to learn,practice it,and when I feel it's ready for a video shoot,...I film it,and post to youtube for all to enjoy,and share the gift God has given me.
          Late 1980's Rodgers Essex 640

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy, UK View Post

Just to be perverse, eblues, it is posted, link below. I have to emphasise that I do not claim to be a musician and have never had any musical training or lessons. As a 76 year old, it ain't important now! And my granddad loves it.

https://youtu.be/oz7uP88hGlU
            Well, since this old thread has been revived, I missed your reply when you posted this. Now, two years later I have a listen. This recording is not bad... the opposite, actually. It is is entertaining, and certainly worthy of public consumption. I have posted many videos of lessor quality, and will continue to exercise my right to pollute YouTube...
            60' Hammond A-100 (free!) Church duty, certainly not "minty"
            Leslie 710 ($80)

Comment

Working...
            X