Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding Hammond Parts in Australia: a nightmare of any Hammond player.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding Hammond Parts in Australia: a nightmare of any Hammond player.

Okay, so as you guys know, Hammond players here in Australia have always received the short end of the stick. Basically I'll sum the whole thing up. Used prices being overpriced up the wazoo and a lot of scammers/people who won't do anything unless you pay $$$ and that type of thing, but the most sad thing about living in the so called "lucky country" is the absence of good parts suppliers for Hammond organs like the H100 (mine needs a new AO71 power supply) and even the more common models. Why do we get the short end of the stick as far as parts are concerned and meanwhile you Yanks and British people seem to have better luck finding parts for an organ? It just doesn't make sense to me. I have several friends who have Hammond organs and they also complain about the lack of parts suppliers.
    Current Organs/Keyboards:1967 Hammond H-111, 1971 Hammond L-112, 1972 Hammond T-524

Leslie cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 & 1974-76 Leslie Model 705
    Past Organs/Keyboards: 1961 Hammond L-101, 1974 Kawai E-300, 1968 Yamaha B-55N, 1979 Yamaha Electone B-55N, 1984 Yamaha Electone ME-50 and a lot more!

Why isn't your power supply repairable? Why a new one?
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Obviously less were probably sold there, but not so obviously, probably a *lot* less were scrapped there.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
        Why isn't your power supply repairable? Why a new one?
        The 6.3v heater voltage for the tubes is not present, sadly. and my tech can't seem to diagnose the issue at hand. Les incompetant technician at a big box music store, since I have no local stores here.
        Current Organs/Keyboards:1967 Hammond H-111, 1971 Hammond L-112, 1972 Hammond T-524

Leslie cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 & 1974-76 Leslie Model 705
        Past Organs/Keyboards: 1961 Hammond L-101, 1974 Kawai E-300, 1968 Yamaha B-55N, 1979 Yamaha Electone B-55N, 1984 Yamaha Electone ME-50 and a lot more!

Comment

• DrawbarDreams
          DrawbarDreams commented
          Editing a comment
          Any suggestions on how I can do that? The sad thing is the TWG gets power, but none of the tubes in both PSU and amp get power.

• KC9UDX
          KC9UDX commented
          Editing a comment
          First, I'd make sure all the other voltages work. I don't know anything about this power supply, but I assume that it also provides a B voltage around 300V, which probably starts at the same transformer. If that isn't working, then something simple could be causing all this, or, you'd have to buy a more expensive transformer.

If it's really just the filament winding on the transformer that's bad, it's just a matter of buying a transformer with the same primary voltage as the original, and a 6.3V secondary. Mount it wherever it's convenient. Then wire the primary in parallel with the existing transformer primary, and move the filament wiring from the original transformer to the secondary of the new one.

Best to consult with someone familiar with this actual power supply first. There should be several people here who know this power supply very well. I do not.

• DrawbarDreams
          DrawbarDreams commented
          Editing a comment
          Sadly man, no one here in Oz knows a damn thing about the Hammond AO-71 power supply that the H100 uses. Plus almost everybody here that deals with the Hammond is a reseller or ripper offer.
      Working...
      X