This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do?

I've run into a bit of a dilemma. The 1984 Allen Organ in my church is currently serviced by the local Allen dealer. As of recently, they have been useless. We have handed them a list of broken items on the organ and they never get fixed. I have a speaker rattling like a jackhammer that needs to be re-coned/re-foamed and they tell us nothing is wrong (they never even went up to the speaker cabinet as far as I know). There was a volume issue they said could not be fixed and I ended up fixing it myself (simple issue with the gain on an amp). Other distortions/rattles are becoming common. As you can tell frustration is building. Our service contract is going to expire soon and the church would like to get a new company. However I am worried that Allen dealers have territories and another dealer will not be able to come service our organ. Does anyone know about this? I am waiting for a response from another dealer seeing if they can service our organ.</p>

</p>

My main question is, if they cannot due to us being too close to another Allen dealer, where do I look? My church is within 1/2 hour of NYC but I don't know anyone who has connection with organ technicians. Any advice?
    </p>

Re: What do I do?

Given that long term service availability and having parts for their instruments is one of the paradigms that Allen rests itself on, I would contact Allen corporate immediately. From what I hear, their handling and response is supposed to be excellent. Let them know the dealer and things should get dealt with quickly with any luck. Supposedly to be an Allen dealer they are required to keep parts kits on hand for the different series of their instruments...so there should be no issue here unless if this dealer is not maintaining a standard set forth by the company. </p>

Good luck and I hope you get your issue resolved as it should be.... </p>

Comment

Re: What do I do?

I concur with ChopinGuy, I've dealt with Allen HQ a few times and have always found them to be prompt, efficient and courteous. Mention your greivances to them and I'm sure they'll be able to arrange something for you. Perhaps there is another tech near you that they could recommend that might be more accomadating to your needs.
      </p>

</p>
      1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
      Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

Working...
      X