This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Baldwin C-630 just died!

I can't believe it, my beloved Baldwin C-630 just died, or at least I think it did. All of a sudden one of the pedals stopped sounding (happens every so often) so I removed the pedal board to check the contacts (have done this many times before) As I moved the pedal board out, however, I heard a buzz and all of a sudden, no more sound. No stops work, nothing. The organ still turns on, I mean, when I flip the switch the pedal board light goes on, etc. However, I don't hear the loud "pop" noise that used to signify the speakers activating. Any ideas of what the problem my be? Can I fix it? Do I need to search for a technician? Or has its time finally come and must I look for something else? Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Help! Baldwin C-630 just died!

Are you saying only the pedals are out now or the keyboards also? If everything is out, it is time to check the amp. If you aren't comfortable doing your troubleshooting, yes a Tech is in order.</P>

Comment

Yes, everything is out. I've contacted an organ tech who supposedly works with Baldwins, but I have not heard back from them yet.</p>

How would I access the amp? The back of the organ? </p>

Comment

I've never seen a Baldwin C 630 but I'd suspect troubleshooting one islike any other organ.</P>

From my understanding of what you described the first thing I'd check is the fuses. Where they are and how many exist in that particular organI couldn't say but they shouldn't be hard to locate. Try taking off the top of the organ or open it if it is on hinges and see if you can locate a lock or latch that allows you to open up the back. Be REAL careful if there is a music rack involved as you don't want to damage it.</P>

You'll want to check the amp and the preamp (if so equipped)for fuses. I'm referring to audio circuit fuses as well as power fuses.Additionally, I would unplug the power cord from the socket before attempting to service it.</P>

Hope this helps.</P>

Al</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        Allen T 12B

Comment

There is probably a fuse right down in the middle of the back where the power cord comes out. There are other fuses but they are soldered in place and not user replaceable.</P>

Your tech should be able to fix it. I still see a lot of these in use, and the worst problems are power supply issues. MusicElectronics in Springdale Arkansas still has all the parts and can advise your tech if he/she isn't sure what to do.</P>

It's not time to junk it unless you are having other problems with it!</P>

John</P>
          <P mce_keep="true"></P>
          John
          ----------
          *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

jbird604:</P>

Are these organs self contained?? I'm still looking for a practice organ.</P>

Al</P>
            Allen T 12B

Comment

Al,</P>

Yes, the 630 is self-contained and sounds quite nice with its internal speakers. Some of them fire out the sides of the console, so the whole thing doesn't just blare in your face (or at your knees) like most self-contained consoles.</P>

Not the finest organ ever built, but certainly decent and serviceable. I still see a lot of them in churches where they've been working for decades and continue to work well.</P>

John</P>
              <P mce_keep="true"></P>
              John
              ----------
              *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
              X