This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen ADC-4300 Question

Please forgive my ignorance of new (to me) "old" technology. I recently brought home an ADC-4300 drawknob console, and under the Swell, next to the Tutti 1 &amp; 2 pistons, there are two other pistons labeled G1 and G2. What are these for?</P>

Thanks in advance.</P>

Michael</P>
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Re: Allen ADC-4300 Question

Michael,</P>

IIRC, the G1 and G2 pistons are essentially "divisional" pistons for the "general" tab section. (Sounds ironic, divisionals for the generals....)</P>

In other words, you can set up some General stops on these (such as the antiphonal tabs, or some other controls that appear in the general section) and get that setting instantly by storing it on G1 or G2. These pistons "set" just like any other pistons on the organ, but they will store the on/off status of only the tabs in the general section.</P>

You could, for example, set up G1 with your swellmains off and swellantiphonals on. Then, while playing with any given registration you could hit G1 and instantly send the swell to the rear. You could set up G2 with both mains on and both antiphonals on, and by tapping G2 you would instantly have the entire organ sounding from front and rear.</P>

So, there are possibilities for these, but the drawback is that any time you hit one of the general pistons (1 - 10), whatever is stored on them will override your G1 or G2 until you hit it again.</P>

John</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

WOW!!![:O] What a resource. I wish I knew only 1% of what you do aboutorgan repair and use. Thank you for being on this Forum.</P>

Michael</P>
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Michael..... I'm not THAT smart! But you are always welcome to anything I do happen to know about Allen organs.</P>

John</P>
        John
        ----------
        *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
        X