This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rodgers700b help me please!

i have a rodgers 700 b organ i turn it on and it sounds like every note and note on the pedal board has been pushed and i cant control the volume can someone please tell me what to do i am at the end of my rope if your not a dealer or a tech. rodgers doesnt even want to deal with you any info or advice is greatly welcome [email protected]

Re: rodgers700b help me please!

[quote user="trevor d thomas"]i have a rodgers 700 b organ i turn it on and it sounds like every note and note on the pedal board has been pushed and i cant control the volume can someone please tell me what to do i am at the end of my rope if your not a dealer or a tech. rodgers doesnt even want to deal with you any info or advice is greatly welcome [email protected][/quote]</p>

I routinely service these organs in my area. My advice is to find a tech that is familiar with that instrument. It sounds like you have a chip failure in a fairly complicated area of the organ. I doubt anyone can point to a certain part without doing some troubleshooting first.</p>

Rodgers has been very helpful on obsolete models. They do however have a network of dealers and technicians they work through.</p>

Geoelectro
    </p>

Comment

trevor,</p>

Sounds like a misaligned pedalboard. To check this out, remove the pedalboard from the organ. If that causes the problem to go away, then you need to either seat the pedalboard properly, or adjust the hook on the sides of the pedalboard to the right height. Basically the pedalboard hangs onto the console, and uses a magnetic reed switch arrangement, which has to be correctly alligned.</p>

AV
      </p>

Comment

hi thank you for responding with the pedal board off it still does it im going to have a tech. look at it but im just trying to trouble shoot so it dont cost a fortune but its killing me because playing is my air ever since i was a litttle kid and i first heard a pipe organ its been my dream to own a classical organ i have one now that i just sit and look at it ive got a baldwin organ that sounds a lot like a hammond but ive out grown it and want more of the dynamics of the classical

Comment

thankyou for responding is there such a thing as a grand sypher ive got a tech coming to look at it but im just trying to trouble shoot so the bill wont make me ill this is something i have wanted for a very long time and with the shipping charges who can afford a digital pipe organ these days with the econ. in the red

Comment

Trevor,</P>

One other thing to try -- remove the back panel and see if the problem goes away. There are small daughterboards hanging on a larger board in the timesharing or ganging assembly. If these get smashed together by the rolltop or by pressure from the back you get ciphers.</P>

With the back off, pull the rolltop all the way forward and look for these small boards, probably a dozen or more of them, hanging onto a larger board and see if any of them are touching. They should be separated by some foam stuffed in between them but sometimes it falls out or decays and the boards get too close together.</P>

Other than that and the pedal alignment problem that Arie mentioned, I can't think of anything to add. Probably will be a good thing to have a tech look at it anyway, as you may need some routine tuning and maintenance or voicing.</P>

Good luck.</P>

John</P>
            <P mce_keep="true"></P>
            John
            ----------
            *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

hey thanks for the info and no it didnt work i think im gona wait for the tech its beyond my control however i do have a question the receptionist asked me rodgers has 3 . 700 b models there are no markings telling which one so i gave her the serial number 16254b since you work on organs can you tell me which one she needs to order the tech is in paducha today working on a pipe organ and if she orders the wrong one i have to pay for each service manual ordered plus a week for each one to come in thanks so much for all your help! Trev

Comment

hey found out its the columbian 700 b have you ever heard this model sound if so for home use scale of 1-10 lets just say i wont be playing any toccotas on it all i have really ever played is church music but my arrangements of them i like the way i hear them in my head better than whats written execpt JOHN W PETERSON'S IN THE IMAGE OF GOD its to beautiful of an arrangement to redo

Comment

Trevor,</P>

Your Columbian 700B is a great home organ for its age and type. If it's in good working order (after the tech repairs the grand cipher problem) then it will probably last you for many years, perhaps decades. There isn't a lot to go wrong with them. If you enjoy it, then hang onto it. </P>

The analog voices are not as realistic as digital, but are probably more pleasant to listen to up close in a home setting than the primitiveand grainysounds of theearliestdigitals and some of the cheaper imported digitals marketed under various brandnames in the 80's and90's.</P>

One of these days you may run across a newer one, perhaps a used ADC Allen orPDI Rodgers that you can get for little or nothing. Then you'd do well to trade up. But until then, you've got it as good as you need.</P>

Compared to other used organs that are out there, and compared to what many of us have had to tolerate over the years as practice instruments, you've got about an 8 out of 10 (IMHO).</P>

John</P>
                  <P mce_keep="true"></P>
                  John
                  ----------
                  *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

hey quick question time sharing board section u44 a long black circuit 20 silver legs top 20 on bottom part number /843 mm 5559n the organ is a rodgers columbian 700 do you think that could b the problem since it makes that sound w the pedal board off ?

Comment

quick question in the time sharing section u44 of a rodgers columbian 700 b there is a large black circuit with 20 silver legs top 20 bottom part # 843 mm 5559n could that be the problem for some reason i am drawn towards that piece all the blue ones with the wires are pluged in tight some were loose i gently pushed them back in the female connection as for tech still waiting he had to order the service manual for mine any way thank you for all the imput as for all the circuits none are touching i went though all them carefully they all look pristine but after Aaron comes to work on it and gets it fixed i will let you know what he says was wrong incase you ever come across one doing the same TREV.

Comment

THANK YOU ! i am glad to know its an 8 out of 10 i cant wait for the service manual comes in so he can fix it im dying to play it if it only had a 32' stop i would really be happy lol i love the sound of a powerful pedal board lol to bad i cant have a midi hooked up to it with one but its to old for that but that would be awsome the room its in is only 15'x16' lol but oh well im happy TREV

Comment

Working...
                        X