This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimes added to my Allen organ?

I have an Allen 301-c organ. I also have some real tubular chimes. Can I hook them up to the organ? I would like to play them from the organ manuals. I don't want to play them with that dinky little keyboard that comes with the chimes.</P>

Tony</P>

Re: Chimes added to my Allen organ?

Tony,</P>

Allen used to provide a "chime contact set" that we could install underneath the great keys and wire to a tubular chime set. These are completely invisible and let you play your chimes from the great keys, dispensing with the little short keyboard that is often used for tubular chimes. A tab for the chimes would be installed on the stoprail and wired so that it would turn on the chime unit. It could even be captured like any other stop.</P>

You'd have to check with an Allen dealer or tech to see if the set is still available. </P>

John</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
    X