This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conn Model 830 Type 2 organ- want info and Owner's Manual

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">I am looking for the Owner’s Manual for a Conn Model 830 Type 2 organ.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Here is the story.</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"></FONT></o:p></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">I have recently come into ownership of an 830 Type 2 (successful purchaser on an e-bay auction).<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>The instrument came with no manuals.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I contacted Organ Service Corp, who sold me a service manual and a “registration manual” for the 830.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>But no true Owner’s Manual.</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"></FONT></o:p></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">I have a Conn Model 651 as well, and have a 40-page Owner’s Manual with it.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Very detailed information on stops, equipment function, etc.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I would like to see if anyone out there has a similar Owner’s Manual for the 830 (Type 2 preferred, although<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>a Type 1 manual would suffice in a pinch).<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I know for a fact that Organ Service does not have that manual available.</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"></FONT></o:p></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Another question… does anyone else out there have an 830 Type 2?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I see all sorts of blog entries for other <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Conn</st1:place></st1:State> models, but not the 830. Is that because it was primarily a classic church organ, and not so much a sought-after piece for aficionados?</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Thanks to anyone out there who can help.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I will be happy to have the manual shipped at my expense to me via Fed Ex for tracking, will make a copy, and return it… or will send you cash to have you duplicate it if you prefer. Just respond to this post if you wish to answer the question on the 830 or have the manual... thanks!</FONT></P>

Re: Conn Model 830 Type 2 organ- want info and Owner's Manual

Nice organ. Back in the late 70's I was selling Conn in Fort Worth and we had one in the store. Very enjoyable. But, as you say, a strictly classical organ, not nearly so many sold as Conn's theatre and home organs.</P>

I have a service manual, but alas no owner's manual. Actually, I doubt there's much in it that you don't know. You've probably figured out how to use the setterboard (unless you have the blind presets). Otherwise it's pretty much standard Conn fare.... A unit flute that's used all over the place in every imaginable pitch .... A unit diapason (nice diode keying too, not that awful pop and click keying the smaller Conns used on diapasons) at all the usual pitches ...... Some reeds and strings (with direct keying, I believe) and a nice celeste rank. There is a clarinet and/or gedeckt on the choir (or swell?) that is generated by a special square wave circuit, better than the corresponding voices on other Conn models.</P>

The couplers operate just as you'd expect on a classical organ -- not like the dinkier ones on smaller Conns that only coupled the pulse voices and only at 8' -- all stops and all pitches couple as they should.</P>

Other controls, such as the flute celeste and flute tremolo, work as they do on other Conns -- turning on the Leslie slow and fast... Chiff, sustain, etc.... </P>

But maybe you can find a manual if you keep looking. One might show up on ebay or somewhere.</P>

John</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
    X