X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chime Stop on my Conn 643 ??

Hi All</P>

It has been quite some time since I posted last, the posts were about a Baldwin 645 that a church had, but when I asked if it was for sale they decided to get it going almost 21/2 years ago, guess what!! I sang there in June still not going, so much for that. Here is my question.</P>

The chime stop on my Conn which plays on the lower manual needs to be tuned I guess, when you play middle "C" on the lower keyboard you have to play "E" above middle "C"on theupper manuel to match... So I can't play any accompaniment with my left hand on the upper manuel.</P>

Can someone tell me how to tune the chime stop to the upper manuel? Thank you all.</P>

Re: Chime Stop on my Conn 643 ??

Harold,</P>

I find your query a bit more than just a tad confusing.[:|]</P>

Did Conn ever have chimes available on a lower, as well as the upper??</P>

From what I can make of your posting, you can be assuredthat if theorgan is reasonably in tune, then the chimes will follow in the same manner, as they merely utilize an offset of the already tuned pitches to do the chime thingy.</P>
    2008: Phoenix III/44

Comment

Hello Harold,</P>

Your Conn's chimes area compound stop. It uses two or three different sustained flute pitches per noteto create the effect of a ringing chime;IIRC,8', 6-2/5' and 2-2/3' were how my former Conn830 created a chime stop. Judging from your description, it sounds to me like one or more of the pitches is not engaging whenyour chime tab is selected; likely the unison pitch, which would give the effect of being out of tune when the remaining pitches are played.So, your problem is going togo beyond tuning if the rest of the organ is in tune with itself.</P>

Comment

I've seen some Conn's with "Chime Harmonic" on the tab. I never played one, but suspect you have to add Tibia 4, 2-2/3, and 2, together with Tibia sustain in order to get all the Chime tones to sound. </P>

Try that to see if it then sounds like chimes.</P>

Comment

HI Dave, Toodles thank you for your suggestion it worked when I added the 4' 2-2/3, and 2' to the chime stop..</P>

I guess my mistake was thinking that the chime stop had to be used alone like on some electronic organs....</P>

anyway I used a soft 8' diap. on the upper manual.</P>

Thanks again.</P>

Comment

Working...
          X