This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rodgers 535 Organ

I just listened to several sound samples, and it sounds like an excellent instrument. Congratulations on the purchase.

EDIT - For a digital organ of course :D

Re: Rodgers 535 Organ

NYCfarmboy. This may be too personal a question, so I appologize already for it, but how many organs do you own? You are not a professional musician, yet you own all these neat organs. Is this a hobby or what? Just curious.

buzzy

Comment

Buzz: I'm a collector & only a novice player. I'm up to 6..

but no more space for anymore. (laughing)

Comment

Well, I am a professional conductor and studied the organ in undergrad and grad school, so I guess my hobby is justifiable. At least so far I've been able to convince my parnets to let me store my large organ at their house. I just started collecting this past summer and so far only have an Allen 600 -named "big boy" and "jr." an Allen Tc-3 which I keep at school in the choir room and used for practice during my prep period. In case you are wondeirng, my students named the organs. I let them name everything with the excpetion of a stuffed goat that we use in the lower grades to demonstrate 'head voice' They wanted to name him "Horny the Goat" and I said we'd have to think about it.

Buzz

Comment

Question on your 535:

If you figure out how to adjust the Tremulant please let me know.

I know it is adjustible on my Rodgers 530 digital but I don't know HOW to do it.

Mine was reset by the previous owner to be a hardly noticible tremulant..I'm looking for more a Virgil Fox type of Tremulant. :)

Does anyone here know how to adjust this on a Rodgers Digital 530?

Comment

You need a Rogers Tech. They have a module that goes in at the midi ports and can adjust the tremulant. On Larger Rogers digitals that I am more familiar with, you can adjust the tremelo efect for individual stops! On the one I play at church, I have the swell strings set very theatrical, and the great cromorne barley jiggles. Next time He visits I am going to have the swell oboe increased to a Vox Humana- like tremeo when tremelo is on, and use the 16' basoon (played or coupled 8va) when I want a sedate liturgical on a double reed solo sound. There is a separate flute "vibrato" that I have had increased to turn the flutes into sobbing tibias. The normal general manuel tremelo gives me the liturgical tremelo when I want it.

On ours, the voicing of each stop is also adjustable. Rogers owns the scalings from Aeoline-Skinner and those are what I have on most of the stops. I did have the cromorne sound moved from buzzy medieval reed toward clarinet, which helps it function better as a chorus reed; and raised the volumn level of the pedal clarion.

Lee

Comment

Hi, m1994

I am trying and trying to locate a site that you received sound samples from concerning
              the Rodgers 535 organ.
              I am still awaiting delivery of the instrument, CAN YOU BELEIVE IT!
              The gentleman who is in charge of the "Voicing" is away to a music dealers convocation
              somewhere in Fla. or Calif.
              I am much interested in listining to "Samples" of the 535 "RODGERS", and i am really
              wondering on if i am going to like what i hear, although i did play it at the dealership,
              and it sounded like it might be fine.
              Oh well, he has my deposit anyway.
              Your help will be greatly appreciated!
              Thanks so much!
              Diapason

Comment

http://www.rodgersorgan.it/535.htm

Just hit the bass clef icon and you should be fine....I just did a search on Rodgers 535, and that came up (although doing it right now, I had to switch the language to italian on google, which is weird) but there's a little sample to listen to there. Sounds better by tons than the C-440 I play at church.

Comment

Hello, m1994,

Again thanks so much for your help! i greatly appreciated it!
                  I followed your instructions and found just what i was looking for. A sound sample of the
                  Rodgers 535.
                  Now, i will accept just what i heard of that sound sample, (After a close study of it).
                  At the dealership, it was played through just the internal 2 channel sound system, but it is
                  going to be installed with 2 more channels (speakers), to be mounted on the wall on both
                  sides of the console, spread out a distance.
                  I am very, very, fussy, and probibly considered a purist, (Or maybe a NERD!), i really
                  do not know, BUT! if i do not think it is CORRECT, then there shall be a problem between
                  he and i.
                  You know, in my thirty years of church service, i have played everything from hammonds
                  to pipe, and at present, an Allen, and there is a particuler "sound" that i look for, and for
                  certain my Baldwin "Analog" just has'nt got it, enough said!

Again, thank you!
                  Diapason

Comment

Right now, I am considering a Rodgers 205. I have heard, that the fact that the organ has a few ranks of pipes, makes a WORLD of difference. Up till this point, I have never played an electronic organ before. I have played a 150 rank Letourneu (spelled wrong, I know it) and I have played another pipe organ with about 25 ranks, however, it has been added onto so much, heaven only knows who originally built it. In other words, I am spoiled.

Comment

Yeah, the 535 doesn't sound awful...I like the sound (on that sample) a lot better than ANY Allen I've ever played (the newest one I've played was probably a little older than that 535 though)

My first organ was a 2 manual Allen, not sure on the model...I first played it at age 7 or 8 or so (just playing around) at age 9 I played a mass on the thing....age 9 or 10, took a few months of lessons on an Allen MDS-38....not too bad, then after that, took lessons on piper #1, a nice nice Casavant...practiced on an old tracker at that time, not sure on brand....came to Calgary, and now I'm on a Letourneau for lessons (played it for the first time in a LONG time today) and the C-440 at church....hey, this topic's mostly figured out, so I can go a little off topic. :D

Comment

Where is the Letourneau that you are taking lessons on?

Comment

Mount Royal College Calgary Alberta....Opus 52 if you visit Letourneau's site...or better yet...

http://www.letourneauorgans.com/organs/opus52.html

There we go. As French as a specification can be, but still excellent (I'm impartial to Baroque organs)

Comment

Working...
                          X