Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are There Any Balwin C-5 around I only know of one.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are There Any Balwin C-5 around I only know of one.

Are there any Balwin C-5 Around I know of 1 in service at Gesu Chruch in Milwaukee It was a 5 manual organ and was owend by the chruchs Organist John Wisrock. If it is still there I have not been up there in the chroir loft fot a few years it sat west of the Main Pipe Organ and it had a lot of external speakers all around the loft. Sounded very nice And was very Big Console Just beautiful Dark Wood Pull stops. I believe it was at the chrch because this organ would not fit in a house unless you took a outside wall out to get it in.

Re: Are There Any Balwin C-5 around I only know of one.

Hi,</p>

Do you mean Baldwin C-500? That was a model that Baldwin/Church Organ Systems handledin the 90s and earlier into this past decade. It was a 5 manual job made by Viscount. I suppose with lots of speakers and good acoustics it might have sounded decent, but really the technology and the way it was employed was not all that good. The console was good looking though, and heavy as all get out.
    </p>

In other words unless you had the hots for a 5 manual there was lots of other stuff out there that was better, even if it had only 3 manuals. There were maybe 2 dozen of these sold in the US.
    </p>

The C-series Baldwins were replaced in the late 90s by the 5xx series Prestige, which were much better sounding.</p>

AV
    </p>

Comment

Re: Are There Any Balwin C-5 around I only know of one.

The C-500 Baldwin is still at gesu Church and is the only organ that is up in the choir loft now as the Pipe organ was taken out and sent to shantz in Ohio to be rebuilt and will not be back for about 2 years so The C-500 is there only organ. There is a nother C-500 in new Your city catholic church.</p>

</p>

I still think the Alhborn Galanti 4400 sound better
      </p>

Comment

Working...
      X