This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen ADC-6000-D

I don't have all the details at the moment, and a search of past posts didn't turn up a ton of data. I've come across an ADC-6000-D in my somewhat endless search for a practice instrument. I would appreciate candid feedback on what an instrument like this would fetch in the current market. My only benchmark was the MOS-2 (I believe), 3 manual instrument that I saw sell for around $1800 on eBay.</p>

I cannot locate a stoplist, and I would be curious what the speaker complement (both number and size) for an instrument this large would be. Also, would it have (or as an option) a festival trumpet / en chamade ?</p>

I presume that MIDI would be an add-on, like the other ADC's I've come across. The pictures show this being a tabbed, not drawknob, console with lighter colored wood.</p>

I appreciate any feedback about locating an instrument of this size in a home as well. My research shows that the console should fit through a 36" door, and confirmation would be helpful as anything wider is a no-go.</p>

For that matter, would the MDS-45-D or the MDS-16 on eBay currently be better suited to my needs? As a beginner obviously it wouldn't be bad to have a three manual, but I do like sound quality to be the best it can. The MDS-16 has internal speakers, which have their upside and downside. I don't really have tons of space to place speakers all in the same place, but it is my house and I am curious if placing them in different locations is an issue. I could run the cables if need be.</p>

I never though about how much trouble it would be to find the right instrument! I really just want to start playing!
    </p>

Thanks! :)
    </p>
    Corey

Allen MDS-41-S with MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Schulmerich Carillon Americana - 61 notes Flemish / Harp / Celesta / Quadra / Minor Tierce
    - MIDI Retrofit finally underway & Moller console in need of refurbishment
    Schulmerich Campanile Digital Carillon (Cast & Harp)

Re: Allen ADC-6000-D

Chris,</P>

I am at work at the moment without access to my Allen service manual, but if another member does not supply the information in the meantime I can get you a standard stop list and channel assignment later tonight. As I recall, this organ uses a single large card cage that is full or nearly full, so it has a good complement of stops, tone generators, and audio channels. A built-in festival trumpet would have required a stop substitution at the factory (still possible nowbut very expensive). You could use one of the alterable voicesto implement a loud trumpet stop if Allen has the tone card for it. I justchecked their Website and they do not show either a festival trumpet or a Spanish trumpet for the ADC-6000, odd because I have aSpanish trumpet card for my organ. One of the other trumpet cards might be suitable, especially since the organ has an "Alterable f[forte]" stop that will make the alterables louder.</P>

Price would depend on condition, whether any good speakers are included, and other considerations. If the electronics are in top shape and the console in good condition, I would say perhaps $2000 to $3000 as-is, where-is with speakers and amps. Expect to pay more for a dealer to supply it, move it, and set it up.</P>

MIDI can be added with a single plug-in board still available from Allen. A dealer would set his own price on it, but expect to pay around $1000.</P>

As the owner of an ADC-7000 in the same D-series console, I can tell you that it will definitely fit through a 36" door. With the lid removed (a highly recommended step that takes two people about 20 minutes) you gain an extra 1/2" that makes the overall front to back dimension about 35 1/4". With lid, the console itself is right at 550 lbs., so a high-quality dolly is essential to maneuver it through tight spots. I made a custom dolly that has the same dimensions as the organ base and I bolted it to the console to avoid any accidents such as console-slides-off-dolly. With it, I was able by myselfto move the console up a ramp, through the front door, and into the house with no trouble.</P>

An MDS organ would definitely be preferable to an equivalent ADC (equivalent in terms of stoplist); the sound is better and the technology newer. But in a good installation and under many conditions, one might not really notice much difference in the sound. Speaker quality and placement, voicing, and room acoustics will probably overwhelm the differences in the sound produced by the organs themselves. Personally, I would not pass up a three-manual ADC in favor of a two-manual MDS unless the price of the latter were really tough to resist and you could truly live without the third manual division. Remember, MIDI would let you fill in any voices that might be missing from the ADC, andwith much-improved tonal quality.</P>

I would not want to rely on built-in speakers unless no other choice were available. External cabinets positioned roughly where pipe chambers would be are always going to give a more realistic and satisfying sound. With a good reverb unit, having the speakers far from the console would not be an issue--you can simulate the acoustics of a large room as you desire.</P>

Regards,</P>

Don</P>

Comment

Don,</p>

Thanks for your very detailed reply! I'm guessing that Allen may not be making all of the cards anymore, and you might just have one that is discontinued. I was hoping due to the fact that it has a third manual, and extensive number of stops, that a solo trumpet would be present. Despite the fact that it is somewhat out of place in a house, I have always loved the stop and would want it to play certain pieces. Given the extra harmonics, I would hope I could find a card at some later date.</p>

Your price hit my estimate almost dead on - indeed the organ is as-is, where-is at a church. MIDI is fairly important to me, considering that I would definitely want to integrate the large carillon system I own into the organ. There looks to be a ton of stop rail space - if I end up getting the organ, I probably would begin looking for additional tabs. Does the capture system have room for additional tabs?</p>

The size information is most helpful - I moved my TC-3s on two four wheel dollies, but I have considered purchasing a pair of organ dollies since I do own a few consoles now. I have yet to see a 3 manual MDS for sale. My biggest concern I am left with at the moment is whether I could fit enough speakers and if I would have to mix channels together. If you do have any information on the side of the ADC speakers, that would be helpful too.</p>

I own an Alesis Nanoverb (two channels) that I used on the TC-3S. I would definitely want reverb again, it really enhanced the sound. My understanding is that the built in reverb (if present) was really only better in the MDS series and onward.</p>

The updated listing for the MDS-45-D makes it looks pretty cost prohibitive from the standpoint that one has almost $2000 in shipping before any bid price. Granted, $3000 isn't bad for an organ of that caliber, but the MDS-16 has dropped to $3,200. The MDS-45-D also has a TON of cabinets. Does the ADC have that many?
      </p>

</p>
      Corey

Schulmerich Carillon Americana - 61 notes Flemish / Harp / Celesta / Quadra / Minor Tierce

Comment

In case you didn't notice my signature, perhaps this will help:</P>
        <DIV align=center>
        <TABLE class="" style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
        <TBODY>
        <TR>
        <TD class="" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><U>Swell</U><U><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></U></FONT></FONT></P></TD>
        <TD class="" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><U><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Great<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></U></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><U><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Choir<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></U></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><U><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Pedal<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></U></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><U><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">General<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></U></P></TD></TR>
        <TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt">
        <TD class="" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Salicional<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <TD class="" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Prinzipal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">16' Quintaten<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">32' Contre Basse<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Great/Pedal Unenclosed<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Voix Celeste<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Gamba<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Viole<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">32' Contre Bourdon<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">(Blank)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Gemshorn<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Hohlflöte<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Viole Celeste<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">16' Diapason<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Blank (Reverb)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Gemshorn Celeste<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Octav<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Erzähler<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">16' Violone<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Swell Main Off<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Flûte Bouchée<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Spitzflöte<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Holzgedackt<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">16' Bourdon<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Swell to Antiphonal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Principal Conique<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">2-2/3’ Quinte <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Prinzipal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">16' Lieblich Gedeckt<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Great/Pedal Main Off<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Flûte à Fuseau<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">2' Super Octav<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Travers Flöte<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Octave<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Great/Pedal to Antiphonal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">2-2/3’ Nasard<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">2' Waldflöte<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">2-2/3' Nasat<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Gedacktflöte<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Choir Main Off<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">2' Flûte à Bec<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Mixtur IV<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">2' Octave<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Choralbass<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Choir to Antiphonal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">1-3/5' Tierce<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Trompete<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">2' Blockflöte<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Flûte Ouverte<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">1' Sifflet<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Chiff<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">1-1/3' Quintflöte<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Mixtur III<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P></TD></TR>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Fourniture IV<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Swell &gt; Great<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">1' Flageolett<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">16' Posaune<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Cymbale III<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Choir &gt; Great<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Mixtur III<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">16' Rhor Krummhorn<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">16' Basson<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Alterable &gt; Great<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Krummhorn<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Trompette<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Trompette<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Blank<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Celeste Tuning<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Schalmei<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">8' Hautbois<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Chiff<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Great &gt; Pedal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">4' Clarion<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Tremulant<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Swell &gt; Pedal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Alterable 1<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Swell &gt; Choir<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Choir &gt; Pedal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Alterable 2<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Alterable &gt; Choir<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Alterable &gt; Pedal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Alterable F<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Vibrato (Blank)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Alterable Percussion<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Celeste Tuning<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Chiff<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Blank (En Chamade)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Blank (Vibrato)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Tremulant<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></TD>
        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>

It has 7 channels (1 devoted to32' and 16' Pedals), so you can plan on 6-HC12 speakers or 6-HC14/15 speakers with at least an HC-12 devoted to the pedal channel. The organ I have also has 6 presence projector speakers to enhance the highs in a larger auditorium. Somewhere I have a channel list breakdown of the stops.</P>

For MIDI, there is a MIDI kit available for that organ that I have purchased, but not installed yet. I have an Allen Ensemble expander I will be using for the 32' Pedal Reed and other stops (including Carillon).</P>

Feel free to ask any further questions.</P>

Michael</P>

</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Thanks Michael. You beat me to the punch with your very complete information.</P>

Chris:</P>

I will add that the Swell mixture and trumpet are assigned their own tone generator board, as are the Great mixture and trumpet. So if you want a louder trumpet than normal voicing calls for, you could turn up the gain on the corresponding board and not affect anything else but the mixture in that division. It would not really be a festival trumpet and would not be a perfect solution, but would perhaps be a help. Also, you can load the same tone card into both alterables at once and play the same stop through two audio channels, giving more volume as well as a chorus effect. If you can find a Spanish trumpet card (or I figure a way to punch these cards efficiently) you would be all set.</P>

Regarding the availability of extra stop tablets, that is a little trickier proposition. (Allen calls the mechanism behind the visible tab a "stop bracket," incidentally.) Allen did leave some room for expansion. Notice on Michael's stop list that each manual division (as well as the general division) has one or more positions marked "blank." This notation should, on a standard instrument, indicate that an actual stop bracket is installed with an unengraved tab in front. Each of these blanks is part of the capture system in the expected way: blanks that occur at the end of a division are part of that division's capture as well as the generals, while blanks in the general division work only on the generals. You could easily confirm this operation by setting a combination involving one or more of the blanks and then observing that they are recalled correctly on the associated pistons.</P>

As far as what they actually do, each of the standard blanks installed on a stock 6000 (according to my manual) generates a logic signal at a connector on the "multiplexer" board, the very large circuit board on a swing-out panel at the bottom of the console. (The back of this panel contains the capture board.) These logic signals are available to activate external functions that can be added in the field such as MIDI and chimes. In a rare show of goodwill and non-paranoia, Allen actually reveals the details of these signals in their service literature and encourages their techs to wire them for custom functions according to the customers' needs. So if you want MIDI or bells or what-not, you might be all ready to go.</P>

The only subtlety that I see here is that some of the tabs were intended to activate add-on vibrato generators;the second blank on the Swell division (as shown onMichael's stop list) was intended for this function and is "gated" by the crescendo pedal--its function is disabled whenever thecrescendopedal is cracked open orone of the tutti pistons is activated. Actually, thisbehavior would be perfect for external chimes, wouldn't it? I can find no mention of this gating being appliedthe otherblank stops.</P>

The flip side of this issue is that none of the blank stops are part of the crescendo"map" on a stock instrument, so they will not be activated by the pedal or the tutti pistons. If you wanted this function, Ibelieve Allen could supply a reprogrammed PROM called a"stop map" for the multiplexer board, but such servicesdo not come cheaply.</P>

Be aware too that the MIDI implementation, asJohn has often emphasized,gives key encoding only--no key decoding, no stop encoding or decoding, and no expression encoding. So you are very limited compared with an MDS organ that has full MIDI from the factory.</P>

Incidentally, no reverb is built into the ADC tone generation system. It was always an add-on, in the form of the "Total Ambience System" or its successor the "Allen Digital Ambience Computer" system. My organ came with two ADACs and their associated mixer boards. To be honest, I have not yet had the time to hook them up, so I cannot say what they sound like! The mixer boards have limited capability to combine audio channels, so you could potentially mix your seven channels down to four or five using one of these boards, called the USRM-1. The board would also allow you to apply your reverb unit to all of the channels at once. (It samples and combines all of the incoming channels, passes the result through an outboard reverb unit, and mixes the result into all of the outgoing channels.)</P>

Within its limitations, the ADC-6000 really is a fine instrument, one of the largest first-generation ADCs. It should have a wonderful sound when set up correctly anddoes offer the capability to expand with MIDI or other external devices. </P>

Regards,</P>

Don</P>

Comment

Thanks so much Michael and Don!</p>

While perusing the internet I also found another board member, from Milwaukee no less, has pictures of an ADC-6000 being moved into his home. The irony of this is a picture from the church has a copy of "The Art of Playing the Modern Carillon" sitting on the bench, which isn't exactly a common book. This was written regarding various sized Schulmerich bell systems.</p>

Regarding the Festival Trumpet - I would think the Alterable card would suffice at the very least, however if reading through past posts is any indication, it leaves me curious as to how difficult enabling that "tab in place" would be. The engineer in me just has to wonder if it were predisposed from the factory for that function, if there isn't much actual work required to make it so. I know I've read that on some older organs swapping a ROM chip, or even just connecting a wire, would enable some optional 32' pedal stops. I probably would just add my own amplifier and find a speaker suitable for the purpose. Not really a huge deal at this point, but if I get the instrument I will be tempted to poke around with this feature.
            </p>

As far as the carillon is concerned, I am talking about a serious modification - probably upwards of 10 stop brackets per DIVISION. This instrument is quite serious! There are 5 ranks of bells, 61 notes each. I will have to dig up my literature and see what the original console would have had for a stoplist itself. I would like to imitate that, and the bells will be MIDI equipped as part of my master plan, so I would only need to add the MIDI relay in the console to control the stops. I'm curious if support for additional tabs is present in the capture, mainly so I could assign one set of memories to capture carillon registrations. If not, or if the rail just can't support so many extra tabs, I may be forced to build a pullout drawer that has switches for the carillon instead.
            </p>

The MDS MIDI, unless it provided a way to add more tabs to the capture and MIDI output, would actually not prove any more beneficial in my situation with the carillon. At this point, I can take the note-by-note outputs, and with a fairly inexpensive MIDI relay, switch either using tabs or switches to provide output data to run the MIDI striker boards.</p>

It sounds like this could really be an ideal instrument for me, for a long time to come. I will likely want to add reverb, unless already present in a functional form. I will have to inquire further with the seller to see what speakers and options it is equipped with.</p>

If either of you have dimensions offhand for the proper speaker cabinets I would appreciate that information very much. That will allow me to plan and see if the location I have would be suitable for the amount of space they require. Might have to get creative, but I think it will be very worth it in the end.</p>

The only other thing I might need at this point is possibly some help negotiating on the price. The instrument has been sitting unused for a year now, and I don't know the condition of the speakers, so I presume I should aim a bit low to be on the safe side. I also wonder if the console is a custom finish, it looks like some sort of blond color.
            </p>

Again, your input has been incredibly valuable and I hope that maybe this instrument can find a new use in my home!
            </p>
            Corey

Comment

[quote user="CarillonBells"] If either of you have dimensions offhand for the proper speaker cabinets I would appreciate that information very much. That will allow me to plan and see if the location I have would be suitable for the amount of space they require. Might have to get creative, but I think it will be very worth it in the end.[/quote]</P>

The HC-12 Speakers (&amp; HC-15) are:</P>
              <UL>
              <LI>17-3/8" width</LI>
              <LI>33" height</LI>
              <LI>17-3/4" depth (without grill), 18-1/2" (with grill).</LI>[/list]

That's assuming you have the woofer on the bottom. Those speakers can be laid down on their sides as well (as they often are and were in various installations). Some of my HC-12 and HC-15 speakers were built to be wall mounted as well.</P>

Concerning price, that's up to you. You couldn't get much better of a price than I got, but then I had to travel from Maine to Mobile, AL to pick it up. I won't discuss the price publicly--perhaps in a private message? Aside from that, I needed to do some voicing work, replace a board because of battery leakage, and various other small maintenance tasks (like re-finish a bench that had been scratched by jeans studs). Total price was somewhere between $2,000-$3,000 by the time I got done.</P>

If your organ is closer, you can knock that in about half. Best of luck to you in getting it. Be sure they know it will be loved, used, and well-cared for. Many churches are only interested in knowing that will be the case with their beloved instrument that was purchased "by the stop," that they're now discarding![*-)]</P>

For voicing, I voiced the Alterables with different characteristics so I could use the same card for a slightly different sound (i.e. brighter vs. fuller OR louder vs. softer). It doubles the possibilities for the card reader. On the other hand, if you just get MIDI, then that expands the possibilities by hundreds!</P>

Keep in touch, and let me know if there's anything further I can do to help.</P>

Michael</P>
              • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

Comment

P.S. If you need any internal photos, let me know via PM, and I can send them to you.

Comment

Chris,</P>

The ADC service manual says that the DM capture system has a capability of 32 stops per division. If you could find surplus stop brackets and if you wanted to do the wiring, you could presumably obtain at least some of the extra stops that you need. Two cautions: 1. The generals on your organ are a subset of the Great division, so it is the sum of the two that is restricted to 32 stops. The other divisions are capable of the full 32 positions. 2. Stop brackets used in the ADC organs are different from those in the MOS organs; be sure of what you are buying.</P>

If you need even more capability, you will have to scrap the DM system and use aftermarket equipment. Driver and input boards are available to work with the existing stop brackets and pistons; these boards usually communicate through MIDI with a host running an application such as Hauptwerk. In fact, Hauptwerk might be a good all-around solution for expanding your organ since it would provide the additional voices that you want as well as a full capture system. As an additional benefit, Hauptwerk allows both virtual and real stop tabs and pistons--perhaps in lieu of using extra stop brackets for your carillon, you would prefer to use virtual stops on a touchscreen LCD mounted on or near the console.</P>

Good luck with your possible purchase. I believe you would be happy with this organ, especially if the price is in the range that you suggested.</P>

Regards,</P>

Don</P>

Comment

I repeat my resounding thanks to both of you! I think I've got almost all the information I need, and I will be talking to the gentleman with the organ tonight or tomorrow morning. It sounds like it would be the best fit that I have found yet. From what you've told me about the DM capture system, I think I will need to research the Carillon Americana's original stoplist. I might just be able to squeeze in tabs for all the voices at 8' and 4' if I so choose!</p>

If I decide to keep the console long term and use a Hauptwerk solution, a MIDI based capture system sounds like the way to go. I may decide to drive the carillon tabs from the MIDI section, or try to use the console for now and use the second bank for the carillon presets.</p>

I really hope that this works out, as it sounds like a fantastic organ at a price that I can reasonably afford. Especially considering that it will fill the need for a console for the carillon as well.</p>

I'll keep you posted, and if I do end up getting it I'm sure there will be more questions for getting it to sound its best! :)
                    </p>
                    Corey

Comment

Just a follow-up, it sounds like I may very well be able to make a deal on the ADC-6000. I'm supposed to be getting better pictures of the instrment sometime in the next few days. I prepared the seller with the caveats that could go with an instrument of this age, as well as a warning about the bad batteries causing damage.</p>

I'm planning to make an offer once I see the pictures, options, and hopefully talk functionality of the console. Hopefully he can fire it up and make sure the capture action isn't dead.</p>

The actual date of sale was 1990, according to records they had. I recall hearing about a capture board made with flash memory instead of battery backup. Does anyone know if these were made long after the organs were sold, or if the later models may have had them?
                      </p>
                      Corey

Comment

CarillonBells,</P>

Just to say, that the ADC-6000 was introduced in 1983 and discontinued/replaced by the ADC-6300 in 1987. This instrument you are looking at would be at least 23 years old, and must have been a few years old when originally sold.</P>

AV</P>

Comment

Chris,</P>

NoAllen capture boards had flash memory back in the ADC era. Early ADC models had DM3 capture, and later ones had USCP. Both systems used conventional RAM and had a pair of AA rechargeables on the board.</P>

You may have heard of the DM4 capture board, whichdoes have flash memory and needs no batteries of any kind. But that board has only been available since maybe the late 90's. Itis supplied by Allen only as a drop-in replacement for the old DM boards because they are not repairable, but no new organs were ever shipped with DM4. I have installed DM4 boards in several old MOS organs and a few ADC organs whose DM3's got battery or lightning damage. It's a great board and a nice upgrade for any DM-equipped organ.</P>

However, if you are lucky, that ADC6000 may have had its capture board modified by an on-the-ball tech at some point, because Allen started warning us many years ago to remove the battery packs from boards of all kinds and re-locate them in battery holders off the board.Of course, it's even possible that if it originally had DM3, is has been upgraded to DM4.</P>

So maybe you won't have to deal with any board problems. But if you do, be sure to read up on Dell Anderson's travails in his thread about the ADC-4900.</P>

BTW, after the ADC era,there were no capture boards as such. Capture became just another function of the MN ("Main")board, which serves as the "nerve center" (Allen's term) for all MDS and later models, including today's Quantum.</P>

John</P>
                          <P mce_keep="true"></P>
                          John
                          ----------
                          *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Arie,</p>

Thanks for the year info, maybe this model was sitting around when it was sold. I presume this isn't unheard of with organs being fairly big ticket items. I'm gathering that the likelihood of the seller confusing ADC-6000 and ADC-6300 isn't impossible either. Did the stoplist change greatly, or is there any other way to identify for sure which model it would be?</p>

John,</p>

Thanks for all of the information about the capture system boards. I'm hoping that if the organ does have the batteries still, that they have been moved away from causing damage. I presume these would likely be the only batteries in the entire organ to worry about. Do you know of any other caveats that I should look for, so I can give a fair offer?</p>

</p>

Thanks to both of you!
                            </p>

</p>
                            Corey

Comment

Hi Chris,</p>

Your kind (and very effective) suggestion in my ADC-4900 thread also mentioned your possible purchase of an ADC-6000-D and I just found this thread. Wow! Good for you. Apologies for my self-centered focus till now.</p>

I empathize with your agonizing over purchasing, as you know I just went through similar process. Can't tell you what to pay, but I looked at it as a long term commitment and price really didn't enter in after a certain point. For me, the quality of console construction, the beautiful condition, the three manuals, and the relatively virgin electronics condition were selling points to me (despite the known issues - be sure to check inside the cage for the right most card batteries - if you need pictures of where to look I can send them to you, I plan to post everything eventually, but I've been a bit preoccupied of late! ;-)
                              </p>

In reviewing the above posts, it sounds like the 6000 is basically the big brother to my 4900, primarily differing in cage size (although I believe I have 6 channels, they are mixed down into 4 amp channels). But in a selfish sort of way I hope you get a good deal on this 6000 as I know you have a lot of electronic knowledge that will be priceless in the years ahead.</p>

To qualify some of the simpler question answers above: Yes, the D console should fit through a 36" door if it is the same size as mine, however in my case it was necessary to remove the door stop both sides to get the full 36" which turned out to be a major issue on my house as the door stop wood is not separate from the frame. Repair still in process of resolution. I say this to warn you about doing the move on a rainy day - at least have some garage space necessary if you aren't sure. I had professional piano &amp; organ movers move my organ (highly recommended) and they said if I hadn't modified my door way it would not have fit. I took a custom cut dowel the width of my door to the actual console prior to agreeing to buy it.</p>

One other minor point - I consider the reverb built into the ADC to be virtually useless. It sounds awful to my ear. Since you have the nanoverb already, you're probably miles ahead, but only for two channels I presume. I eventually will invest in that, but frankly, the organ doesn't sound too bad just the way it is. I have a lot of voicing to figure out (for one thing my 32' and about the 3 left most 16' pedal stops are almost whisper quiet) but overall, I am starting to get quite attached to the ADC sound. No it isn't Renaissance, but it's not half bad. </p>

With your electronics knowledge and this forum to bounce ideas around and hopefully get some technical service manual type information, I think you'll be quite happy. Maybe if enough of us push for change, Allen will loosen up on on their parts &amp; service policies for these older instruments - starting with release of Service Manuals. Again, I'm not interested in manufacturing a new organ by reverse engineering an Allen. I just want to understand how to maintain and adjust mine! </p>

I'm a little concerned about the Festival trumpet issue (Hauptwerk would require boot time, a mixer or amp &amp; speaker, (and less important for Festival trumpet) would not have midi expression capability), but that's a judgement call only you can make. </p>

Good luck with this. I hope you get it and are happy with it.</p>

best,</p>

Dell
                              </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X