This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Allen MOS-301 card reader woes

Another Kevin used his card reader improvement modification to enter the different card inputs that would occur if the 6, 5, and both 6 &amp; 5 row sensors were blocked (or the lamps were out). He then recorded what the tones were like under those conditions, as well as the original sound. I sent that information with the sound samples to Philip and he thinks that the sound with both 6 &amp; 5 missing replicates what he is hearing. He was going to do some more cleaning, but we have not heard the result or any other word. Philip--we are still interested. Just vacuuming the slot where the card is inserted from the front may not be enough. You may need to disassemble the reader again and really clean out those holes under the lamps. Your idea of cleaning off the phototransistors was also a good one. You need to eliminate all possible mechanical problems before you go to the trouble and expense of getting new hardware (or calling a Technician).</P>

Kevin, thanks for your assistance. Maybe my upgraded spreadsheet was worth something, after all.</P>

David</P>

Comment

Not being pushy, but 2 weeks have elapsed without any word on this issue, Philip. Have you given up, or just have been busy (Easter and all)?</P>

I haven't seen any other posts, either, so I hope you are OK.</P>

David</P>

Comment

[quote user="davidecasteel"]

Not being pushy, but 2 weeks have elapsed without any word on this issue, Philip. Have you given up, or just have been busy (Easter and all)?</p>

I haven't seen any other posts, either, so I hope you are OK.</p>

David</p>

[/quote]</p>

Hi David, I have replied to your email. [:)] Yes, I have been very busy lately for various reasons. For the benefit of others I will copy a little from the email:</p>

Re the Allen, I have not been able to do any more work on the card
        reader, and I'm not sure if it is worth the trouble of taking it out,
        disassembling to clean it, etc. 95% of the time, the organ is always
        playing with other instruments-I don't use it for "offertories,"
        preludes/postludes, hymn introductions, or other solos, and for the
        hymns I have all the stops I need in the stock stops.

Thank you again for all your advice and help. At sometime in the
        future, I'm sure my curiousity will be aroused and I'll have some extra
        time to do a thorough job on the CR.
        In peace
        PF
        </p>

Comment

Working...
        X