Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok, this deserves a new thread (bizarre Allen on ebay)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, this deserves a new thread (bizarre Allen on ebay)

Previously, the strangest Allen I'd seen was the blond/bleached wood one a few years ago. In the 70s "contempo" style, it looked like Allen's take on a Wersi!</p>

Now, one to top it! Look at this bizarre MOS-1:</p>

http://cgi.ebay.com/Allen-Digital-2-...faultDomain_0?</p>

It's like a contempo style (which had a name, but I forget) with the sides sawn off! In case the auction ends early, here's a hosted picture:</p>

</p>

Re: ok, this deserves a new thread (bizarre Allen on ebay)

LOL!! Talk about "compact console" .... Looks like they completely removed the top and the back. Interestingly there aren't any photos that show it from the side. But you can see that the entire inside is exposed in the other shots.</P>

This style (before this one was butchered)was called the "contemporary" console, but was so modernish that I think some people called it the "spaceship" console (though there was an old analog modelthat truly came in "spaceship" design with the top section appearingto magically float above the bottom).</P>

Perhaps the owner had all these outer parts of the console removed so it would fit into a hole in the wall or into some old shell of a pipe organ console. At any rate, it is about as ugly as anything can get like that.</P>

BTW, I am inquiring about the possibility of having it shipped to me, as I can always use MOS parts and this one is obviously good for nothing but parts!</P>

Thanks for posting.</P>

John</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Cool. Did you sell your other Baldwin? I thought you used to list another model?</p>

</p>

Comment

Somebody apparently gave the guy over $200 for this thing! Of course, the components alone are actually worth a lot more than that, if you're needing MOS parts. But I was hoping maybe to get it for 99 cents and whatever it cost to ship it from Florida.</P>

Circa,I used to have a Baldwin D422 at home, but sold it to a little church back around Christmas. That was of course a much newer, larger, and better-sounding organ than the 626 I replaced it with, but I thought I needed to downsize...... Now I'm not terribly happy with this 626. It just doesn't sound very pipelike compared to my digital 422 (andespecially compared to the Allen Renaissance I'm playing at church). Also there is practically nothing that can be done in the way of voicing, the tuning is a little sour to my ears because it uses the divider system (doesn't produce a truly equal-tempered scale... and the tuning spread between the multiple dividers is oddly a bit too much). And there is no MIDI or any reasonable way to add it.</P>

So, I'm thinking of passing this one along to some other little church, possibly bringing home an old Conn console that I'm about to MIDI. Then I can use my Content expander, Rodgers MX-200, and Hammond GS boxes as sound sources.</P>

John</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        John
        ----------
        *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
        X