This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who still makes church organs ?

i know about Allen and Rodgers. are there any others ?<span style="visibility: visible;" id="main"><span style="visibility: visible;" id="search"></span></span>

Re: who still makes church organs ?

[quote user="pipe64'"]i know about Allen and Rodgers. are there any others ?<span style="visibility: visible;" id="main"><span style="visibility: visible;" id="search"></span></span>[/quote]</p>

Hi,</p>

There are certainly more than Rodgers and Allen.</p>

Others are, Johannus (who makes Makin as well), Viscount, Ahlborn, Phoenix, Eminent, Content, Copeman-Hart, Walker, Marshall &amp; Ogletree, Van der Poel.
    </p>

There are a couple of other names, but I don't know what they do, such as Wyvern, Aria</p>

Sorry anyone, if I missed your favorite organ builder.</p>

AV
    </p>

</p>

Comment

Don't forget Hauptwerk! [8-|]
      </p>

Comment

Hi,</p>

Hauptwerk is an organ platform, not an organbuilding firm.</p>

I believe that commercial licensing may be in the works, but so far it is meant for hobbyists.</p>

AV
        </p>

Comment

[quote user="arie v"]</p>

Hauptwerk is an organ platform, not an organbuilding firm.</p>

I believe that commercial licensing may be in the works, but so far it is meant for hobbyists.[/quote]</p>

This HW organ built within the last month, is the first off the line for Phoenix:
          </p>

</p>

Wow!! Does this look like the pipe organ console of the future?? [:|]
          </p>

I don't know if the voices are soft or hardwired, but to the best of my knowledge, this instrument, out of the box, comes with a full set of Phoenix voice samples; which would probably mean English Romantic, French 'stuff'; 'Baroque'; and perhaps Orchestral.</p>

I don't know whether Phoenix II HW organs are intended to be a limited economical version of their usual fare; or whether it is set up to accomodate other HW offerings; but since all Phoenix organs are built to customer specs, I would presume that the purchaser of a HW system can specify whatever they wish.</p>

Taking a look at the high end build of this instrument, and it's high end cherry console, I suspect that the intent and design of this organ had little to do with saving a few bucks. [;)]
          </p>
          2008: Phoenix III/44

Comment

[quote user="arie v"] There are a couple of other names, but I don't know what they do, such as Wyvern . . .[/quote]</p>

To my knowledge, Wyvern organs are pretty much limited to Great Britain. Most of their organs are merely re-badged Content Organs. For their very high end custom stuff, they use the Phoenix system. [:D]
            </p>

Comment

[quote user="arie v"]

Others are, Johannus (who makes Makin as well), Viscount, Ahlborn, Phoenix, Eminent, Content, Copeman-Hart, Walker, Marshall &amp; Ogletree, Van der Poel. [/quote]</p>

Spoken like a true Anglican![;)] </p>

But what about them thar Hammond Organs for the Loosianna crowd??[:D]
              </p>

Comment

Don't forget the pipe organ builders such as Willis, Mander, Harrison &amp; Harrison etc etc.

Comment

[quote user="Clarion"]

This HW organ built within the last month, is the first off the line for Phoenix:
                  </p>

</p>

Wow!! Does this look like the pipe organ console of the future?? [:|][/quote]</p>Wow, throwback to Holtkamp of the 1960s! Cool!

Comment

I have a list of over 150 companies in just the United States and Canada that make church organs - most are pipe organs, but a few are digital electronic organs. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a list of company names.</p>

Organ building is still a strong industry.</p>

</p>

will Limkemann
                    </p>

Comment

To clarify, this actually is <u>not</u> a "HW" organ at all, and is not Phoenix samples loaded into HW. It does not use HW unless the customer actually specifically requests it to be installed, and provides a licensed copy of HW. This is a "Phoenix II" Organ and is in no way related to HW. It comes loaded with Phoenix samples only (except as per above). </p>

This 3-manual workstation version comes with a 52 stop American Classic organ and a 39 stop German Baroque organ. The audio system is 2.1 (500-watts total) or 2.2 but if needed or if desired can be 6 or more channels. The new Phoenix II will be offered in several console designs with touch screen stop control.</p>

</p>

Dave.
                      </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
                      http://phoenixorganssouth.com

Comment

Working...
                      X