This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capture memory battery

Does anyone have any idea what the capture memory battery looks like on an Allen MDS 1 or where it might be located? I've been able to locate it on a newer Allen Protege I have and it's a coin shaped Lithium battery.

EDIT:
    The battery has been located since this post was started. Thanks to everyone that replied.

Re: capture memory battery

Have you had any luck finding this? I also need to locate this battery, yet have absolutely no clue. I have searched the organ high and low with no go!

Jon

Comment

First you have to find it. I just purchased one for an Allen ADC3500. About $8.00 for two. MDS, I believe, is about the same cost. Some snap in and other are wired in. Batteries Plus had to attached to connectors to the batteries for my instrument. It is always best to leave it to the technician and pay a couple of bucks. dec

Comment

Hello,

Here's what I've been able to find out thus far. I haven't given up yet. I've been told that on the MDS 1 it's on the hinge board behind the metal covering with all the screws, but I still haven't found it. It's supposed to be a 3V Lithium cylindrical shaped battery about 1/2 the size of a AA battery. Panasonic use to make it (and may still make it) and called it a 2/3s A. It's supposed to just plug in with no soldering required. I can't believe it's so hard to find this battery. I've looked for the words 3V Lithium on every component in the organ and have yet to find it. I hate to have to call a service tech just to replace a battery and end up spending $100.00 plus when I could replace the battery myself for proably $10.00 or less.

It was so easy to find on the Allen Protege. I just took off the back and there it was in plain sight. A coin shaped battery with "3V Lithium" engraved on it. It also had a little sticky label next to the battery that identified it. You can buy these type batteries anywhere.

I'll let you know if I find out more and you do the same please.

CF

Comment

You mean its inside the generator box? I thoroughly searched in there and all around the power supply. I feel so stupid! I'm factory certified to work on a handful of digital instruments, and can troubleshoot most problems with both hands tied behind my back (I use an o-scope probe in my mouth...).... But seriously... This really bugs me that I can't find this battery!!!!

Jon

Comment

I have a 123C that the battery is dead on as well.... this battery serves to power the memory incase the organ comes unplugged or the power goes off.

I was told by someone on this forum that another option would be to purchase one of those computer power supplies that supply electricity via a battery for those times the power flickers and you lose your combination settings. It may be easier to do this than to track down that obscure battery?

Comment

-

Post deleted by author

Comment

I guess you could call it the generator box. It's where the fuse, mircochips and condensors are. I don't know a lot of the technical jargon, but supposedly it's located behind the big metal covering on the hindged board that swings out.

CF

Comment

Jon,
                  I finally found the battery. I was looking under the large metal cover on the inside of the hindged board and it was under the smaller metal covering on the outside of the hindged board. It's about an inch and a qtr in length and looks similar to a AA battery, just not as long. It's cylindrical in shape and it's a 3V Lithium that is held in by metal clips. It was made by Duracel and the number on it is DL123A. I found it in the MDS 1 and MDS 25.
                  Good Luck

CF

Comment

CF (and others) - In that case its called a "1/2 Double A". Its been used on the MDS series and apparentlyl many others for years. The basic nomenclature is a "123". Should be available at Radio Shack, most Camera shops or any place with a decent selection of batteries. Allen recommends changing when the organ is On so that all your settings won't be lost. If its so long gone that all your settings are messed up as mine were I guess it won't make any difference. You can tell the battery needs replacing if your Allen has a Console Controller with a window. The window starts reading "battery" or similar and you will notice odd combination settings start cropping up that no one in their right mind would set up. The battery does Not recharge itself when the organ is on. However they appear to have a pretty decent life. The one in my Theatre III had to have been about 6 years old at least when it gave up the ghost. Don S.

Comment

Working...
                    X