X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cantornikolaos
    Guest replied
    Very interesting.

The Allen MDS organ at my church does the same thing periodically. I often hear a buzzing sound coming through the back speakers. It isn't oppressively loud, but it can be heard. I have suspected it to be either be a problem in the amplifier or feedback somewhere.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks to all who responded. I guess I don't have much of a choice. I will have to call Allen Organ for service. Also I was mistaken when I said Allen was headquartered in Emmaus, it is Macungie, Pa.

Leave a comment:

• RayE
    replied
    We had a similar problem in our church's MDS was a power supply also. Allen won't release schematics except to their authorized service personnel, and they won't supply parts either, unless you go to one of their service people. You could try testing the caps in the power supplies, but it might be easier to just call an Allen service rep.

Leave a comment:

• whayes
    replied
    I had a similar issue on my MDS organ a few months ago and it was a bad power supply in the Great/Choir/Pedal cage. I had to call the Allen service tech to replace the bad supply. About $500 cost.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks AV I will check that out as soon as I can.
    John

Leave a comment:

• arie v
    replied
    John,

Sounds like you may have a bad capacitor on the amplifier power supply.

AV

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Allen organ problem

Allen organ problem

My wife and I own and operate a personel care home and were given an Allen MDC-31
    organ by one of our residents. It worked fine for a couple of years but just recently my wife went to play it and when she turned it on a very load buzzing noise came out of the speakers which we could not turn down with the volume control. I do have some experiance with electronics but have no schematics or wiring diagrams. I took the back off and looked for any obvious shorts or burned out components but did not see anything.
    Can anyone give me a clue as to where or what to look for? We are located about 30 miles from Emmaus, Pa. which is the headquarters for Allen Organs. I have not contacted them as of yet, hoping it was something that I could fix myself. Thanks for any help
Working...
X