Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Wurlitzer gurus - ID help please! (4602 or 4800?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Wurlitzer gurus - ID help please! (4602 or 4800?)

Can anybody tell from the picture whether this is a 4602, or a 4800?
    Attached Files
    Nobody loves me but my mother,
    And she could be jivin' too...

--BB King

I judge from the circular speaker opening that it is a 4602. See the maintenance video on you tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AO5MB70GHw According to Wurlitzer Organs (site) by Frank Pugno: "The 4800 was a large two-manual, 32 pedal organ with more stops, preset stops and a crescendo pedal." Don't see an additional expression pedal here or presets. It is interesting to see this is one of the few 32 pedal models however.
    Last edited by OrgansR4Me; 02-08-2011, 05:56 PM. Reason: additional references

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! That video suggests the 4602's pedalboard is AGO-spec. I thought I had read that it had a smaller pedalboard, and only the 4800 had the full AGO size. Anyone know for sure?

I guess another way to put my question is, I have no reason to doubt Orgrinder when he says the 4602 is AGO standard... but if it is, what's the difference between 4602 and 4800? (I always thought it was the pedals.) EDIT: sorry, didn't read carefully - sounds like one difference is two expression pedals vs. one...

scott
      Last edited by toasterDude; 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM.
      Nobody loves me but my mother,
      And she could be jivin' too...

--BB King

Comment

The stop layout is different on the 4800 and from the small illustration in Blue Book, it looks like the 4800 may indeed have a few more voices as well as the GC pedal.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

G'day,

AND 4800 has tabs, not rocker switches AND a MUCH bigger cabinet - if in doubt try & get one through an industry standard door opening without first removing the door!

Cheers,
          Ian
          sigpic
          Hammond X77GT & Leslie 77P
          Lowrey C500 & Leslie 720/540
          Hammond T524 & Leslie 710
          Gulbransen Theatrum & Leslie 700
          Yamaha EL90T

Comment

The more I ponder this image the thought occurs to me that someone had to replace the original pedalboard and was able to mate a 32 note pedal board since the connector system was pretty much the same. They probably had to remove the 3rd male connector since on a 25 note model there are only 2 sockets but that would not be an issue because only 25 notes of electronics were onboard anyway. As an original piece the 4602 certainly would have been 25 notes in the pedalboard.

Comment

Working...
            X