This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Electone (e-10ar?)

i recently acquired a Yamaha Electone organ, i believe an e-10ar, when i got it home the lighting switch on bottom would cut on but not the power, after replacing some fuses i could get the organ to power on but unfortunately i cant get any sound to come out. i tried plugging headphones in, but there was no sound there either. i was just wondering if anyone could help me diagnose the problem? thanks

http://soundcloud.com/sundaymorningmusic

The fuses blew for a reason, you need to get someone to find out why. There is sometimes a failsafe in Yamaha products when an amplifier fault develops, and the speakers are muted to prevent damage to them. Unless you have the service manual and are competent with electronics, you'll need a service engineer to fix this. The costs involved in so doing will almost certainly outweigh the true market value of the organ, so think carefully about what you are prepared to spend!

Geoelectro may have some ideas for you, I know he's one of our resident Yamaha gurus! I hope he'll chip in.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Working...
    X