X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Price

http://www.allenorgan.com/www/products/ql220/ql220.asp

We may consider buying my mom an organ, but since we aren't the wealthiest people around we had have to pool together our money. The organ would go in our living room. We asked Allen about pricing but they told us to contact our nearest dealer (which isn't to near) and we don't have the time right now to have them come and look etc. Could anyone here give me a ballpark guess on how much the organ in the link above would cost, or a small Protege model? Just a very general guess would be helpful.

Thanks.

Re: Question Regarding Price

I honestly have no real idea, but my guess would be somewhere close to 50k...but this is more than a ballpark figure (it may be WAY off) Have you tried any other companies? You may get as good if not better instrument for less money if you look around.

Comment

I'd guess 15k to 25k but that is just a guess. The Allen 2 manual that our church purchased (a 2 manual Rennaisance model with drawknobs was 26,000.00.

Keep in mind you can get a nice used organ on ebay for a fraction of that cost, for a similar instrument around 3-8k. Organs are like new cars, once they leave the showroom they lose 1/2 their value for resale.

A Allen organ on ebay with the current bid at 1 cent (as of July 12). :
      <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16219&item=7336400 219&rd=1">
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16219&item=7336400 219&rd=1</a>

If I were buying a new digital organ today it would be a Phoenix:
      <a href="http://www.phoenixorgans.com/">
      http://www.phoenixorgans.com/</a>

Comment

Yeah, I meant Phoenix really, but I didn't wanna preach there. haha.

Comment

In the current economy we are in, Allen has two things working against them regarding price.

1) Labor costs
          2) Value of the dollar.

Allen is a U.S. digital organ maker, so companies from other countries can charge less due the above two factors.

Comment

The organ you gave the net locator for above is a QL220, one of the latest Quantum series. I believe the basic factory retail price is around $32k for the console. It requires a minimum of 4 external speaker cabs. So depending on the speakers you select, freight, other optional features you might be looking at $37-40k by the time your done.
            By comparison a self contained Protege series like the CF2A might be had for around $12k plus freigt etc. A slightly larger model with the AGO pedboard might be had for around $l5-l6k.
            Unless you really know organs and features and have some ideas of their real current values I would discourage you from buying one on Ebay. There are some good bargains there occasionally but too many of the sellers are clueless about what they really have, when it was built, what features their model has, etc. Good Luck. Don

Comment

Hi
              Seems to me that if you're going to spend 20-30 or so grand you better identify your needs. Is your mom an accomplished organist? What kind of music does she like? With that in mind you should go to several dealers, find something you like and buy it. They can install it properly and do any service if necessary. A good organ lasts. It's not like a car to be exchanged every couple or years. Unless you're experienced stay away from "deals" . You get what you pay for. Allens are more expensive because they're better. Not just sound but quality, reliability and long term service.
              Al

Comment

>A Allen organ on ebay with the current bid at 1 cent (as of July 12). :

The organ in that auction does not sound good. The technology used in it is below even the MOS-1 organs. The MDC line was a budget line that used very primitive digital technology to produce a limited number of waveforms (3, I think), to use for all the stops.

Comment

Im currently waiting a response from Bubar music ona nearby 2 manual allen organ with stop tabs. Im waiting for them to tell me what speakers are included and how old it is. They are asking $3,600 so if it's older than 1980 I wouldn't even think of buying it. I will let you know the year when I find out and maybe you can tell me if I am getting a good price or not. The console is in great condition.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed the egregiously high prices for rather old organs at Bubar? How does he stay in business? I guess someone must be paying those exhorbitnat prices.

Comment

buzz...

yes I've noticed that, there are a few places that continually list organs on ebay with unrealistic prices, I guess just to try to hold the market up or to show people who walk in what they "sell" for on ebay.... I watch the auctions to see if anyone ever does pay those rediculous prices but so far they have never sold a organ that I can see.... but for the prices they are asking I guess they are just hoping a newbie bids without knowing better.... if they can do that to one person every few years that would pay for all their ebay listings that never sell.

Comment

Yeah they are quite pricey. We are going to try to see how much bargining they are willing to do, because at the price they have now they are never going to sell that organ. We are going to call them Monday.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

Here is the organ, I haven't found out the year yet, any guesses?

and what do you think this organ should go for price wise?

Comment

Maybe their ads are nothing more than free advertizing. It's a way of promoting their business. There is no eBay charge unless the item sells so the ad is free. Their eBay feedback is pretty good and they are selling a variety of music related items so I think they are legitimate. Maybe these are trade-ins or stuff on consignment. I don't think they expect to sell those Allens on eBay.

That organ you are looking at is an old analog model and is only worth several hundred dollars. You can find a MOS or ADC model for that price. Keep looking.

Al

Comment

we don't plan on buying it from their e-bay, I was just showing you the link so you know what it looks like, if we were to buy it we would go to their store since it is located within two hours of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X