This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers 1 manual?

Am I crazy? I seem to remember last year sometime that someone was selling a Rodgers ONE manual organ on ebay. Come to think of it, I saw another of the same model earlier. Am I crazy? I looked on the "Mother of all Organ Lists" http://www.lizardweb.com/organ/E-organ_list_v.4_(DB)1.pdf And cant' find any mention of it. Any Rodgers nuts out there know? I think a one manual Rodgers would be ideal for a cheap choral portative instrument.

buzzy

Re: Rodgers 1 manual?

>Am I crazy? I seem to remember last year sometime that someone was selling a Rodgers ONE manual organ on ebay. Come to think of it, I saw another of the same model earlier. Am I crazy? I looked on the "Mother of all Organ Lists" http://www.lizardweb.com/organ/E-organ_list_v.4_(DB)1.pdf And cant' find any mention of it. Any Rodgers nuts out there know? I think a one manual Rodgers would be ideal for a cheap choral portative instrument.

buzzy

No, you aren't crazy. There were two of them on Ebay over the span of a few months. From what I was able to find out (and hopefully the info is correct), the following is true about it:

1) It was analog
    2) It was originally designed for small LDS churches
    3) It had one rank of oscillators with the celeste being created by digital effects.

If anybody out there has better info, please feel free to correct this.

Now, Buzzy, if you are looking for a one-manual organ, I would suggest the Content D4113. It has 13 spinet pedals. You can also get it with no pedals. It's digital, and it sounds surprisingly good. It has a variable chorus control that detunes the stops from each other, giving it a nice ensemble.

Hammond sells the same model, and calls it the CS-210 and it also comes with and without pedals. If I knew how to post a picture with this post, I would.

Comment

-

Post deleted by author

Comment

Rodgers also sold a variation on a Roland synth in recent years that had a number of more or less organ stops, like Principal and Gedeckt and even some small choruses. Not too bad but I didn't like the keys.

Gosh it would seem someone could make some money selling bare bones consoles for use with the Hauptwerk system. Not everyone wants to build their own.

Steve.

Comment

>Rodgers also sold a variation on a Roland synth in recent years that had a number of more or less organ stops, like Principal and Gedeckt and even some small choruses. Not too bad but I didn't like the keys.

I've got that piece. It's called the W-50 and I would like to sell mine.

Unless you are talking about the C-180. That was a different keyboard.

Comment

Stevetil:
            "Gosh it would seem someone could make some money selling bare bones consoles for use with the Hauptwerk system. Not everyone wants to build their own."
            --

Steve,

This can be done, but I think you would be surprized at the cost of a well-built console with just keyboards, pedalboard and with a MIDI interface. The easiest way to go is to gut an exisitng console and save the thousands a new one would cost. Then there are several companies you can purchase the MIDI equipment from, at very resonable prices.

Dave.
            http://phoenixorganssouth.com

Comment

Speaking of one manual organs, I remember several years ago Phoenix Organs built a small one manual digital organ, not really a portative, but very light. The customer required that the organ be easily moveable by two people (in a travel case) and be compact enough for easy transport. If I remember correctly, it was to be used with a small orchestra and had about 25 stops with external speakers. I found a old photo of it and have attached it here. I think the whole thing weighed less than 200lbs.
              see: [link removed due to domain ownership change]"
              Last edited by myorgan; 12-28-2017, 01:38 PM. Reason: remove link

Comment

post of pic above:

what was the price on that?

Comment

I have no idea. All I know about this organ is what I posted below and that it was build around 1998-99 in the UK.

Dave.

Comment

>I have no idea. All I know about this organ is what I posted below and that it was build around 1998-99 in the UK.

Dave.

Did the organ have MIDI? Depending on the price, that could be a very attractive model.

Comment

It most likely would (don't see why not...never heard of a Phoenix without) and since all is custom, if that one doesn't, I'm sure they could integrate it. That looks quite ingruiging for home use.

Comment

That's a very unuusal and yet cool looking organ. Thanks everyone for your posts. I do, of course realize that almost anyone with any sense of 'skills' could put together a laptop with a MIDI keyboard, but then you have to deal with student accompanists trying to figure out what mouse button to click, etc, etc, etc. Also I've found that the simpler I keep things, the safer I am. Making a spice rack would take me weeks and result in several tetnus boosters.

If anyone has any of these one manual rodgers they want to part with for cheap (CHEAP- as I've seen on e-bay), post something.

Again, love this website and I've very glad I stumbled upon it.

Comment

>Am I crazy? I seem to remember last year sometime that someone was selling a Rodgers ONE manual organ on ebay. Come to think of it, I saw another of the same model earlier. Am I crazy? I looked on the "Mother of all Organ Lists" http://www.lizardweb.com/organ/E-organ_list_v.4_(DB)1.pdf And cant' find any mention of it. Any Rodgers nuts out there know? I think a one manual Rodgers would be ideal for a cheap choral portative instrument.

If you want pictures of that organ, I can email them to you.

Comment

Working...
                          X